Out of curiosity, how many people use the native Mail app?

MidTennMtneer

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I use the stock app for my iCloud account but use Inbox for my Gmail. I have a pebble and it was annoying getting notifications for all my gmail emails. With Inbox and the way it sorts emails perfectly, I have it set to only notify me of main inbox messages. Not promo or social etc. Very handy. I do like the simplicity of the stock app though. My Gmail is just my main email as I came over to iOS from past 4 Android phones last month.

rdubmu

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I use stock for my outlook.com account, MobileMe, and my .edu, I use the outlook app for my work exchange account

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I have setup, deleted, setup and deleted nearly most well know email iOS clients. Due to this I've developed what you could call 'app fatigue' were I could not be bothered exploring for at least the near future. My iPhone habits have 'de-evolved' back to the standard Mail app (cal, podcast, notes etc) to add a level of simplicity and reduce the mindshare the device can take up in my day.

I find Apple mail app smooth to use (Gmail app is not sadly), device consistent and well integrated.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I have downloaded multiple mail apps but always go back to the default mail client. For some reason it just works good for me. I can put all my mail client in one app.

TonyHove

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I use the Outlook App for my work email and the native Mail app for my personal email. I find the Outlook App meets my work needs perfectly. The native mail app's simplicty makes it nice to use as my personal email client.

6PlusManiac

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I use it. I like it because I can have Gmail, iCloud, and Yahoo all in one app that was actually pretty simple to set up. I came from a Droid Razr when I switched to iPhone so it was amazingly easy as you didn't have to type in all the pop3 and IMAP addresses for outgoing AND incoming on every single account.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I use it for my outlook(2), yahoo and aol accounts but use the Gmail app for my gmail account. The app does the job so it's fine .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nancybout

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I use the default native app and the yahoo app...
I prefer the yahoo app for select all delete.
Cannot do that w my gmail via native app or even gmail account so now I'm at 12k emails

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I use the native for two of my mail accounts but my primary app to use is CloudMagic

Sent from my Space-G iPhone

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I use the stock app. You can add multiple accounts without downloading anything extra. You know that it's always going to work properly since its a native app and Apple will release a fix if it's broken.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have been using the stock mail app since day one. I like the native intergration. Once IOS let's us choose default mail apps I might switch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2