Out of curiosity, how many people use the native Mail app?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So just out of curiosity how many of you use the default mail app? If you stooped using it, why did you switch?

I have not stooped using the stock email app on my iPhone or my iPad. I have no issues, no problems and no reason to even consider stooping.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like the others, I still use the native Mail app. Honestly, it's sufficient for my email needs.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Have tried Outlook, Gmail and Inbox. They are all good but just like most apple products, the mail app is simple and easy. For me, simplicity normal trumps all.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
The native email app is pretty good. The way the iPhone handles email is the biggest issue I have. I've heard rumors that this will be addressed in the next major update.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I use the default app. I don't ever send emails, just receive, so the stock email app works perfectly for me. I like the way it looks, how simple it is, and the functionality it has.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Stock is pretty good but for some time now I have used outlook as it has integrated calendar in it which is pretty handy. After a month I noticed that I didn't use it all that much so I'm giving the stock one another try now. Imo the less you need 3dt party apps in your phone, the better. If Apple keyboard gets swipe type someday I don't need SwiftKey anymore.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I use the stock mail app as well. I have not really tried any others on iOS. The stock app does what I need and as iOS evolves it seems to be getting better with attachments which was my biggest issue with it. Looking forward to iOS 9.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Yep!
It suits my needs pretty well and it is quite simple to use =)

I use it for my Gmail, Hotmail and job's Exchange mail.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Crowyer

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone else have problems with it? Sometimes I have to delete mail several times, I don't know if its the sync or what?