So I just tried the galaxy s6

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Went to local store to see what's the fuzz is about this phone. Anddd....
Meh. I mean it could give that awe of snappiness if you haven't experienced fluidity of the iPhone. But it did lag. And stutter. But that was expected as I have used many years android phones in the past. Oh and after three minutes of use it heated up a lot.
So all in all I can't understand what's the excitement is about this phone. I admit it does things fast for an android phone. But if you come from iPhone you have seen and experienced it all before.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I also recently checked one out & don't see the hype behind it. It lagged opening apps, the camera was pretty good though. The build quality wasn't what I expected, felt kind of gimmicky. Overall, it felt overdone in a way. Out of all the Galaxies, I still prefer the Note 4

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I personally like the forum factor of the S6 edge, but for the money they are asking for it, I just can't see the value there?

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I played around with it. I have owned many Samsung phones and it was the best one to date by far. If that means anything to you guys. When going Android I would choose LG or Moto over Samsung anyday. That LG G4 is looking pretty sweet.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't like the GS6. Never have liked Samsung, never will. I have only seen it and have played with the Edge, and I really don't see a point to the edge. The whole phone seems like it wants to be a premium phone like an iPhone or an HTC One with its glass/aluminum body, but it still is a Samsung phone.

Like IllustratorJoe said, I'd much rather go Motorola, LG, or HTC for an Android phone. I have a 2014 Moto X Pure Edition as my second phone and I love it. Much better than any phone to ever come out of Samsung in my opinion.

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Better control over widgets and the content they show. I used widgets a lot in the android world. With the note phones you can hand write shopping reminders and to do lists that sit there on one of your home pages. Or use the s pen to cut and save into images things you have read into a scrapbook. Why can't iPhones do something real simple like put the temperature in the notification bar? It would be wrong to sell the androids short.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mastadon_Z

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 and my son has a Galaxy S6. It's a good phone, faster than my IPhone and a better display. In the limited time that I've messed with it, it was very slick. Does tend to get a little warm after extended use. I switched back to the IPhone from a Galaxy Note 3. The iPhone is a more "finished" but the GS6 is a really good phone. IMO

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I really liked the GS6 edge when I played around with it in the store. It looks really good and I have to admit that I did like the form factor. It just felt really good in hand. With the new 64 bit octa core processor, the phone is very snappy. But here comes the problem. Just like other Android devices, the end user experience still falls short of an iPhone. I have wrestled with this for many years now. I have gone back and forth between my iPhone and the latest Android flagships. And what bothers me is that they seem to be more powerful and more capable. But, in many cases, to achieve the same tasks, it is faster and more convenient on iOS. There is better continuity throughout various devices on iOS. And what's the point of having such an awesome processor on an Android device if when I try to play Real Racing 3 or Modern Combat 5 it is going to lag and lose frame rates to the point the games are no longer enjoyable to play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have also played with the S6 Edge and its a nice device and very fast, but I use iMAc's in my business and the integration between my iPhone 6+ and my Mac desktop is hard to beat. This has kept me with the Apple platform.

Last edited:

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I really liked the GS6 edge when I played around with it in the store. It looks really good and I have to admit that I did like the form factor. It just felt really good in hand. With the new 64 bit octa core processor, the phone is very snappy. But here comes the problem. Just like other Android devices, the end user experience still falls short of an iPhone. I have wrestled with this for many years now. I have gone back and forth between my iPhone and the latest Android flagships. And what bothers me is that they seem to be more powerful and more capable. But, in many cases, to achieve the same tasks, it is faster and more convenient on iOS. There is better continuity throughout various devices on iOS. And what's the point of having such an awesome processor on an Android device if when I try to play Real Racing 3 or Modern Combat 5 it is going to lag and lose frame rates to the point the games are no longer enjoyable to play?

If I'm being honest all Samsung phones that I've used start off being very fast but after a while they start to lag and slow down. Battery life has also always been very inconsistent, although in the past this could be ameliorated with a spare battery. I find my 6 plus to just be more stable and solid as a performer. Not to be cliched but things just work as they should, no bugs, no slow downs.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't say it is faster than ip6. On Android you can change the speed of the transitions, and I guess s6 has it down to 0.3 second. It gives you the illusion of being fast and snappy. When i was rooting my Samsung couple of years ago, the first thing I did after a flash was setting transitions down to 0.2-0.5 second to try mimic snappiness of ios.
Oh and if an app starts bit faster it doesn't say anything but how well it is optimized on that platform.

rockitdog23

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Why would one even bother with such rubbish? Rubbish meaning the 'galaxy s6".

Hilarious. I'm currently using one as my daily driver and and have found it to be anything but. In fact, I've yet to see any stutter where as my iPhone 6 stutters like crazy. If you are willing to make such an empty claim, at least back it up and explain it.

rockitdog23

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I love when people talk about Android from a couple years ago. It is night and day difference, it has improved a ton and I find it to be on par with iOS. I prefer iOS and iPhone but I can at least be objectionable and see that Android has made huge strides forward and Apple is no longer leaps and bounds ahead of the competition.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I love when people talk about Android from a couple years ago. It is night and day difference, it has improved a ton and I find it to be on par with iOS. I prefer iOS and iPhone but I can at least be objectionable and see that Android has made huge strides forward and Apple is no longer leaps and bounds ahead of the competition.

I am an iPhone 6 user, but I agree. And the S6 is an awesome phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro