What was your first iPhone?

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The first iPhone I got was an iPhone 3GS, but I never used it as a daily driver. The iPhone 4S was my first official iPhone and I upgraded to the iPhone 5 not long after that. I have been getting each phone on release day, with the exception of the 6 plus since I originally just got the 6, and upgraded 4 months later to the plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think they offered white in 3GS only

16/32GB 3G came in black or white...the 8GB was only available in black.

It was also one of the first moments that people experienced variant shortages, as the white version was almost impossible to find after release (and if I remember correctly, some of them discolored, and many of them developed cracks around the frame).

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
16 GB iPhone 1st edition (or the 2G or whatever). Had to wait until Exchange was available. As much as I wanted the iPhone when it first released, without work email it wasn't going to replace my HTC 8125. When the 16GB released alongside iOS (1.1?) it came with Exchange and I was giddy as a school girl.

maritai

May 2, 2015
Visit site
My first iPhone is now in the mail. After using Nokia phones all my mobile life, first several 32... somethings and then a Nokia 670, i think? I have now ordered my first ever smartphone, a beautiful 5s gold 64 gb. Wish me luck...

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
16/32GB 3G came in black or white...the 8GB was only available in black.

It was also one of the first moments that people experienced variant shortages, as the white version was almost impossible to find after release (and if I remember correctly, some of them discolored, and many of them developed cracks around the frame).

That would explain it. I had the 8gb. Then I owned a 3GS several years later after an android disaster (they've gotten a lot better but back then...yeesh!) then I jumped to the iPhone 5s and currently have the iPhone 6. When my next program comes up in the middle of June next year (did the18 mo. option) I can't decide if I'll upgrade to the 6S (or whatever they'll be calling it) or just wait for the 7. Obviously the 7 would be the better move but my birthday is in June so it might be hard to resist the 6s!

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
My first iPhone is now in the mail. After using Nokia phones all my mobile life, first several 32... somethings and then a Nokia 670, i think? I have now ordered my first ever smartphone, a beautiful 5s gold 64 gb. Wish me luck...

You are going to love it! If you ever need help just come back to the iMore forums!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner