Is there a specific reason why you don't charge your iPhone overnight?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Charging your iPhone

From what I know/remember, lithium ion batteries do not maintain a 'memory' when charged or discharged. I've never had a battery problem with my phone and I always will run the battery until I get home at night to charge it. I rarely have run into the situation where my phone dies because the battery runs out, but letting it go below 20% will not hurt the battery.

To answer the question of this thread though, I charge my phone every night. I have a Dock+ iPhone dock and it charges my phone while it props it up so I can use it as an alarm clock as well.

Everywhere I've read would say otherwise. A complete discharge is bad.

http://www.howtogeek.com/169669/debunking-battery-life-myths-for-mobile-phones-tablets-and-laptops/

There are numerous other sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

I charge all of my devices every night, no matter what. I like waking up and always having 100% on all my stuff so I can be ready to go for the day and not worry about running out of power in the middle of a day or have to worry about conserving battery.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

The iPhone doesn't allow a compete discharge. It cuts off just short of that.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

Mine goes on the charger every night, when I go to bed.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

tanson1011

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
My battery indicator was way out of sync. Apple told me to let the battery fully drain and fully charge twice in a row to let the indicator sync with the battery. So letting the battery fully drain is helpful at times.

I charge every night. Wonder how many people use third party chargers or cable.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't charge my phone overnight. I have it at 100% when my head hits the pillow. It's a habit born of stormy/wintry nights when the power goes out.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I charge my iPhone and iPad at night every night before I go to bed. I usually upgrade a lot and at the longest 2 years and since I do have Apple care on my iPhone it's not a huge deal since I can always get it replaced if it does break in the 2 years of owning it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I charge every morning before work. Don't like to leave it plugged in overnight even though I know that won't hurt it.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2