Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,192 Global Posts

Default Re: How much data do you use a month?

Quote Originally Posted by firedept10 View Post
    $160/mth for 1GB shared data between 3 phones. I believe Canada has one of the most expensive of all cellular rates. Do no quote me on that though.
    I feel ya, as a Canadian I'm going to be paying $145/month for 10 GB of data + unlimited calling and texting for just one phone.

Sent from my 6th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

That's insane.. Thank god I only pay 65 for 300 minutes/Sms and 12GB of data.. Once exceeded, I get throttled
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,192 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    That's insane.. Thank god I only pay 65 for 300 minutes/Sms and 12GB of data.. Once exceeded, I get throttled
    This is my current plan right now but once I get my iPhone 6S it's changing to $145/month for 10 GB of data + unlimited nationwide talk & text.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442173447.603697.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	130.9 KB 
ID:	91326

I wish T-Mobile Netherlands had a bigger data plan than 12GB. I would've gone with it. At this moment you can buy an additional GB for 7,50 to have unthrottled data speed. Smaller MB's are also available but they're more expensive in comparison to the 1GB.

Before  Music, 6GB was more than enough for me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Septembersrain View Post
    Woah! That's insanely expensive. Do you get charged overages or just get throttled?

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 

Never go over, but they would charge me $10 per GB I was over. We do not use our phone for much. They are kind of for emergency only. We are definitely not the norm in our household. I tend to use mine the most for work and even then it is only occasionally to talk or text a technician. Even then I tend to use a landline.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    I'm in the Netherlands and doubted this. So I went googling. Bell has a data plan with unlimited nationwide calling and 15 GB of shareable data for $140 if you bring your own device or $160 if you buy a phone with them.

Screens included below
    Attachment 91289
    Attachment 91290

I give no reason for anyone to doubt me and never would. As you will see by my screenshots below of the 3 phones on my account for proof. And I was actually off by $5. I should have said $165/mth. I have only blurred the important info. I brought two of my own phones and one is on a plan. The two cost me $40 each per month and the other cost me $80/mth. I share data between the 3 phones and it is only 1 GB. I am with Telus. It is extremely expensive in Canada. Same goes with our internet usage in our homes. Do a search and you can see we are put in a corner by the big three providers here in Canada. There really are not a lot of choices. I have done my research. Where I pay a lot for cellular with Telus, I end up saving with them with everything else that I have bundled through them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How much data do you use a month?-screen-shot-2015-09-13-5.09.45-pm.png   How much data do you use a month?-screen-shot-2015-09-13-5.10.24-pm.png   How much data do you use a month?-screen-shot-2015-09-13-5.10.58-pm.png  

Looking at what Canadians carriers charge.....I will never complain again. WOW

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    ladyc0524 and TwitchyPuppy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by acerace113 View Post
    I feel ya, as a Canadian I'm going to be paying $145/month for 10 GB of data + unlimited calling and texting for just one phone.

Yeah I know. Sometimes people have a hard time believing what we pay for our plans. But the big 3 here in Canada have us cornered. So wish Verizon would have been allowed into Canada when then tried. But the big three cried and complained there was already to many providers so the FCC told Verizon to take a hike, so we got stuck where we were. High rate. Yahoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    Looking at what Canadians carriers charge.....I will never complain again. WOW

I so wish I could pay what some other countries pay. Man when I see others post their phone rates from abroad, it makes a grown man want to cry. I mean that figuratively! Ha!
    Spencerdl and ladyc0524 like this.

I so wish I could pay what some other countries pay. Man when I see others post their phone rates from abroad, it makes a grown man want to cry. I mean that figuratively! Ha!
    LOL ....I can see why

iMore Newbie

I live in Singapore, and I mostly use 3g/4g for reading news, emails, FB, etc. The only time I really use a lot of data is when I watch video at a coffee shop or bar while just chilling out for the day. I probably average about 4gigs a month.
    jianrong likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I use between 3-9GB a month
    tgp
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,652 Global Posts

I use anywhere from 50 - 220GB/month. I have a Verizon unlimited data plan. I don't manage my data usage, because I don't have to!

Quote Originally Posted by tgp View Post
    I use anywhere from 50 - 220GB/month. I have a Verizon unlimited data plan. I don't manage my data usage, because I don't have to!
    WOW. That's a lot of data usage. Almost everywhere I go there is WiFi not to mention I also have Xfinity WiFi on my iPhone so I would never ever come close to using that much data.

tgp
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,652 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    WOW. That's a lot of data usage. Almost everywhere I go there is WiFi not to mention I also have Xfinity WiFi on my iPhone so I would never ever come close to using that much data.
    Most of that is from tethering. I have rather slow cable service at home, so I tether, especially if my wife is streaming something at the same time I want to. I probably use +/- 10GB on the phone. It varies from month to month.
    iMore Nanite

As of today: 26.12GB on VZW unlimited plan

I average around 25GB/month. My office blocks Apple/Google Music (I am not exactly sure why) and I also stream HBOnow/YouTube regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by mmartinet View Post
    As of today: 26.12GB on VZW unlimited plan

I average around 25GB/month. My office blocks Apple/Google Music (I am not exactly sure why) and I also stream HBOnow/YouTube regularly.
    Wait a minute....you can stream HBO/YouTube, but not AppleMusic/Google Music. WOW....that's a little strange

TwitchyPuppy likes this.

Man I wish. Do you not get throttled after a certain amount to a slower speed?
    iMore Nanite

I use about 2 GB on average, sometimes less. I think the way I manage it best is being on WiFi at home and at work.
    tgp
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,652 Global Posts

Man I wish. Do you not get throttled after a certain amount to a slower speed?
    Not on Verizon. They cannot throttle because of some agreement with the FCC over the band(s) they use for their LTE. There are probably others here who know more about it than I do. It is part of the same deal as Verizon not SIM locking their LTE phones.

Just last night I used around 15GB streaming the two Monday Night NFL games. I can even use my Chromecast to watch it on an LCD. I do not have TV, so my only access to it is via Verizon.

Not on Verizon. They cannot throttle because of some agreement with the FCC over the band(s) they use for their LTE. There are probably others here who know more about it than I do. It is part of the same deal as Verizon not SIM locking their LTE phones.

Just last night I used around 15GB streaming the two Monday Night NFL games. I can even use my Chromecast to watch it on an LCD. I do not have TV, so my only access to it is via Verizon.
    Thanks, that's awesome. You are very fortunate to have that kind of service.
    tgp likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

I use from 60gb to 150gb a month. Because I have unlimited data from sprint.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I am averaging between 5-8 per month now. When I was working for VZW I was averaging around 20GB on my personal device plus 5GB on a work device.
    tgp
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,652 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bxnextel86 View Post
    Because I have unlimited data from sprint.
    You are fortunate to live where Sprint works well. A colleague of mine had unlimited data on Sprint, but he couldn't use more than a couple GBs/month because their service around here is so poor.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    8,332 Global Posts

Average about 1.5gb.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast