Would my phone be replaced with new or refurb

Jordss

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I've got an appointment with the Apple Store on Thursday because my new iPhone 5s (less than two weeks old) has a problem with both speakers

I'm going to try push towards a replacement but do you i would be able to get a brand new sealed replacement as my phone is under two weeks old with no damage, also it was bought directly from Apple

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what the store you visit has in stock... for in warranty replacement, they will probably do a refurb... the only way you'd get a new in box would be if they were out of refurbs... refurbs are in every respect quality wise as good as new in box, and warrantied as such. I'd have no worries with a refurb at all.

Jordss

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Should I take the box and accessories then? And would a return be money back or could they just exchange for a brand new one?

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Should I take the box and accessories then? And would a return be money back or could they just exchange for a brand new one?

Take the box and accessories and tell them you want to do an exchange. They won't give you the money back they will probably put it on a gift card and then buy it back. Or just a straight exchange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordss

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
So if they don't exchange for a new one, i can easily ask for a refund on a gift card then just purchase a new one there and then?

How would this work if it was a family member who bought it online and won't be there? Would it be that simple?

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
So if they don't exchange for a new one, i can easily ask for a refund on a gift card then just purchase a new one there and then?

How would this work if it was a family member who bought it online and won't be there? Would it be that simple?

I believe online purchases would have to be exchanged online. Atleast that's how it is with macbooks. When I purchased from the store and exchanged for various reasons they either put it in a gift card and bought it back ( I didn't even hold the gift card) or they did it as a straight exchange. It just depends on the complexity of the exchange. If they paid for it online and picked it up in store just get that person's card (just in case) or demand it go back on a gift card. Apple is really good with returns and they even exchanged my mac mini for a macbook pro a week after the return period.

Jordss

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I believe online purchases would have to be exchanged online. Atleast that's how it is with macbooks. When I purchased from the store and exchanged for various reasons they either put it in a gift card and bought it back ( I didn't even hold the gift card) or they did it as a straight exchange. It just depends on the complexity of the exchange. If they paid for it online and picked it up in store just get that person's card (just in case) or demand it go back on a gift card. Apple is really good with returns and they even exchanged my mac mini for a macbook pro a week after the return period.

So you told them to put it on a gift card and purchase the new product straight away using that? Were they Alright with that? I might give that ago of they don't offer me a new exchange

Would they have to do that if you asked as its under 14 days old? Or would it be there choice weather they did it or not?

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
So you told them to put it on a gift card and purchase the new product straight away using that? Were they Alright with that? I might give that ago of they don't offer me a new exchange

Would they have to do that if you asked as its under 14 days old? Or would it be there choice weather they did it or not?

I've had exchanges under 14 days and they've done that. And it was never my idea. I didn't request it. I think it might just be easier for them as credit card returned funds take a couple of days to process. I think it's their choice though. They might just swap it out directly but that was the method they did for me a couple of times. I've exchanged an ipad for a bigger size and they did that for me.

Jordss

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I've had exchanges under 14 days and they've done that. And it was never my idea. I didn't request it. I think it might just be easier for them as credit card returned funds take a couple of days to process. I think it's their choice though. They might just swap it out directly but that was the method they did for me a couple of times. I've exchanged an ipad for a bigger size and they did that for me.

We're the exchanges under 14 days for brand new ones? And I will have to see what happens, appointment is on a few days, hoping they will just swap it or at least do that gift card way, if not then I may have to refund on the card

Jordss

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Yup I got brand new ones (had retail packaging) good luck.

I will be sure to take the packaging, would I need to take the box it was delivered in and the packaging list that was in the delivery box or don't you need them?

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Oh it was delivered not a in store pick up? I'm not sure how it'll work then because I know exchanges for online bought and delivered items need to be online. Just ask for a new device. Refurbished units aren't bad though. I didn't buy the stuff I exchanged online so it may be different for you.

Jordss

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Oh it was delivered not a in store pick up? I'm not sure how it'll work then because I know exchanges for online bought and delivered items need to be online. Just ask for a new device. Refurbished units aren't bad though. I didn't buy the stuff I exchanged online so it may be different for you.

Well we will just have to see, I will take everything just in case and I will keep you updated on what happens, appointment still isn't for another few days though, one more thing though, if they do exchange it, will they also sit there and wait for your phone to wipe all your data?

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
They will exchange it because it's a hardware issue regardless. But the gift card thing is iffy in your situation. Depends on how busy it is. They may quickly help someone else but if it isn't that busy yeah they'll wait for the wipe to complete. You can also wipe it yourself to save the time.

Jordss

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
They will exchange it because it's a hardware issue regardless. But the gift card thing is iffy in your situation. Depends on how busy it is. They may quickly help someone else but if it isn't that busy yeah they'll wait for the wipe to complete. You can also wipe it yourself to save the time.

Yeah but I'm after a brand new sealed replacement, I'm just picky like that, and would hate to spend so much just to have it replaced for a refurb or whatever it's called after just 2 weeks

Nakia Johnson1

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I had Apple care on my iPhone 4, it gotten stolen but I haven't even attempt to get a new IPhone so I went back to android for a while then I became a windows phone fan. Now I am back at using a IPhone 5c with AT&T go phone plan with no Apple care. Just a case on my white device.

Jordss

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I really hope so, my appointment is tomorrow so I will update everyone on what gets said/done tomorrow night,

Thanks for all the help you have given me so far!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods