Do you recommend AppleCare or Carrier Insurance?

heyyitsmesusan

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
My 60 days to add on Apple Care will end at the end of this month - and I've been conflicting at which side to go. I currently have carrier insurance right now and I mainly got it because it protected from lost & stolen - I haven't had either of those happen to me yet, but in this day and age, you never know. Seeing the price of AC and the replacement fee makes it really tempting. What do you guys think the best thing to do is? I need to decide soon before it's over.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't have either, but I would go witch Apple Care + if I did go one way. Free device replacement is a good deal for me, because I have more concerns with myself damaging the device compared to someone stealing it.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
They're gonna have to mug me to get my phone away from me LOL

It is insurance, money wasted if you don't need it but you'll be glad to have it if something ever comes up. I typically don't buy insurance, but Apple has some of the best product warranties in the tech industry. If something happens and you need it, AppleCare is a wonderful thing to have.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
They're gonna have to mug me to get my phone away from me LOL

It is insurance, money wasted if you don't need it but you'll be glad to have it if something ever comes up. I typically don't buy insurance, but Apple has some of the best product warranties in the tech industry. If something happens and you need it, AppleCare is a wonderful thing to have.

I always used to buy insurance but never used it. When I got my iPhone 4 I cancelled it because I never used it. Unfortunately for me my iPhone 4 was stolen and I didn't have insurance. I always make sure I have insurance now, even for my iPads and macbook air because you never know.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I got Apple Care+.

The likelihood of me leaving my device unattended anywhere is -75 on a scare of 1 to 100.

Conversely, the likelihood of me dropping my phone is somewhere around 99.57 probability.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I get Apple Care Plus. I never know if I'm going to keep a iPhone longer than a year.
If I don't I just cancel it and get the prorated refund and put it towards the new AC+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I got Apple Care+.

The likelihood of me leaving my device unattended anywhere is -75 on a scare of 1 to 100.

Conversely, the likelihood of me dropping my phone is somewhere around 99.57 probability.

My iPhone was stolen when I was on a packed tube (subway). I was only on the train for 10 minutes and it was gone:(

GGIBS

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I get the AppleCare Plus. Even thought this time I paid off my phone early and am eligible for an upgrade. Worse case scenario I have to get a new upgrade if my phone is stolen.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I get Apple Care Plus. I never know if I'm going to keep a iPhone longer than a year.
If I don't I just cancel it and get the prorated refund and put it towards the new AC+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do the same

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I got Apple Care+.

I'm the exact opposite of you. I've dropped 1 phone out of the 30+ devices over the last 5 years. However, I've had my purse attempt to be nabbed twice. With all the expensive electronics I have, my purse is a goldmine.

Definitely have to be able to cover loss/theft. My iPad only has Applecare + though. That's simply because it's my biggest device and I definitely use it near water.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm the exact opposite of you. I've dropped 1 phone out of the 30+ devices over the last 5 years. However, I've had my purse attempt to be nabbed twice. With all the expensive electronics I have, my purse is a goldmine.

Definitely have to be able to cover loss/theft. My iPad only has Applecare + though. That's simply because it's my biggest device and I definitely use it near water.

Oh that would FREAK me out. So far I haven't had any mugging or such thing. *knocks on wood*

I do tend to drive over my phones, drop them down cement Metro stairs, drop them in dog water bowls, drop them in medical offices, drop them on marble floors at Union Station.....I'm a wreck.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Oh that would FREAK me out. So far I haven't had any mugging or such thing. *knocks on wood*

I do tend to drive over my phones, drop them down cement Metro stairs, drop them in dog water bowls, drop them in medical offices, drop them on marble floors at Union Station.....I'm a wreck.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

I feel very lucky. Then again I'm absolutely surprised I haven't dropped my Note 3. Big phones are seriously awkward in my tiny hands. Even the iPhone 6 oddly feels very unstable in my hands too.

That's why my iPad has AC+. The biggest likelihood is this huge device will be awkwardly fumbled right into my bathtub while reading Cnet or something.

I don't take my iPad out of the house though. Got plenty of other devices that'll do for that.

You're probably a really active person right? Like you go a lot of places?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711