Do you recommend AppleCare or Carrier Insurance?

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I do tend to drive over my phones, drop them down cement Metro stairs, drop them in dog water bowls, drop them in medical offices, drop them on marble floors at Union Station.....I'm a wreck.

Oh...oh my. I have 5 phones and I keep the 4 that I'm not using in my backpack. Just the thought of that backpack being stolen seems devastating.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I feel very lucky. Then again I'm absolutely surprised I haven't dropped my Note 3. Big phones are seriously awkward in my tiny hands. Even the iPhone 6 oddly feels very unstable in my hands too.

That's why my iPad has AC+. The biggest likelihood is this huge device will be awkwardly fumbled right into my bathtub while reading Cnet or something.

I don't take my iPad out of the house though. Got plenty of other devices that'll do for that.

You're probably a really active person right? Like you go a lot of places?
Yah I'm constantly out, not clubs and such. Never been a club person. But I love outdoors. I'm mostly out in the woods in the back of beyond or at the river. Or at the cabin in West Virginia. During the week I don't do much but work, home, rinse and repeat, and that's running in and out if the Metro and fighting the whole of humanity on the 270.

I keep my phone deep in my bag or in my pocket. I've got Kenyan sisal bags that I got addicted to during college in the 80s and I keep my wallet and phone deep at the bottom. The handles are long enough that I can wear it cross body so I'm not an attractive target. Except in winter when I can move as easily as the Michelin man.

But I drop EVERYTHING. I'm still mourning my sexy red SGIII. That screen shattered.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
This time around, I am just rocking my carrier insurance. It is the JUMP program through T-Mobile and I am grandfathered in so I can upgrade to a new device every 6 months. For me that alone is worth it.

I personally baby all of my devices. They always have a case on them. I rarely drop them. I am confident that I can take good care and not as need to use my insurance

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm the exact opposite of you. I've dropped 1 phone out of the 30+ devices over the last 5 years. However, I've had my purse attempt to be nabbed twice. With all the expensive electronics I have, my purse is a goldmine.

Definitely have to be able to cover loss/theft. My iPad only has Applecare + though. That's simply because it's my biggest device and I definitely use it near water.
If someone else snatches your purse (or even tries) we'll have to come down there to Texas and make sure they receive some severely harsh justice.

heyyitsmesusan

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm the exact opposite of you. I've dropped 1 phone out of the 30+ devices over the last 5 years. However, I've had my purse attempt to be nabbed twice. With all the expensive electronics I have, my purse is a goldmine.

Definitely have to be able to cover loss/theft. My iPad only has Applecare + though. That's simply because it's my biggest device and I definitely use it near water.

Yeah, I know what you mean. My purse is a goldmine too and that's my fear is not having that peace of mind of being covered in case my phone gets stolen along with my purse. I'm not worried too much as for losing it, but having your phone stolen and not having any type of protection is the worst.

ihelp77

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I would look into Squaretrade. The deductible is low and it's cheaper. The carrier insurance is pretty spend and the deductibles are too high for my wallet.

anon(785719)

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I went with AppleCare -- I feel like it's the more economical option. And all the yrs of owning a cell phone I have never lost one or had one stolen.

Plus I like dealing with Apple and their customer service over any carrier.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get either. I take good care of my device and I'm very cautious. Never lost, broken or bent any iPhone I've purchased.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't have either, but I would go witch Apple Care + if I did go one way. Free device replacement is a good deal for me, because I have more concerns with myself damaging the device compared to someone stealing it.

I thought there was a $75 deductible ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Do both best way to go .. Cause each carrier chargers differently

I would buy phones at bestbuy. If you get phones lower then $749the deductible is $150 for damage and $200 for loss and damage for phones above $749 damage is at $200. Also it's $10 a month where sprint it's 11 and around the same for AT&T.

I'll go with Apple care plus if you are worried about damaging it though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bowlegz

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I have SquareTrade and the deductible is $75.00. My phone is covered for EVERYTHING too; drops, water, battery, the whole nine yards.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro