What do you consider "Heavy Usage"?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
So I've been reading a lot of show me your usage pics for the batteries. Well what do you actually use the uses your battery.

What do you consider heavy usage. For me my work phone gets the use during the day, mostly emails, texts and phone calls.

Now that's a different story when I get home. I jump the old 6 Plus to catch up on my games, Trivia Crack, right now some social media and news on iMore. I also have my headphones on most of the day for podcasts from my personal phone

So again what do you consider "heavy usage".

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re: What do you consider "Heavy Usage"?

Heavy usage for me is using the phone almost continuously throughout the day. If I'm at home and do not have to work, then I'm doing mod stuff, Ambassador stuff (in the forums & behind the scenes), texting, emailing, talking, listening to music, surfing the web, experimenting with various apps, watching a few videos, reading the news via RSS feeds, Skyping, Scanning documents & receipts, and I'm sure other stuff that I can't think of at the moment.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Heavy usage for me on my 5S is phone calls, text/iMessage and streaming radio through out the day (pandora, iHeartRadio, iTunes Radio)

For my iPad it's going on iMore, Flipboard and streaming radio (Pandora, iHeartRadio or iTunes Radio), watching tv, and using Safari to browse blogs, shop etc. on occasion an email or two but I usually pull out the MBPr for that when I have the time too.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: What do you consider "Heavy Usage"?

Heavy usage to me is anything more than 3 and 1/2 hours of screen on time. I would consider myself a medium user, mostly checking news feeds from iMore, Android Central, CNet, BGR, MacRumors, and a few others, along with mixed social media apps and music throughout the day. Usually about 1-2 hours screen on time per day for me. :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Heavy use can mean different things. With me, it's heavy time usage. I do very little intense gaming, movies, a lot of videos or other huge battery eating uses. But I'm on my phone the lion's share of the day. Mostly the forums, some Facebook, some Googling, Photoshop, and assorted other stuff. My biggest hogs are probably Facebook and Words With Friends, which I play with my Wife. Drawing a line between heavy and not heavy just depends on all the factors. That balance between time and what you do.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

For me it's playing Infinity Blade. Besides that, everything else is relatively light

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a "heavy" user because I don't stream or do gaming.
I am constantly on the phone - FB, messaging, calls, web, Tapatalk.
So I'm a *constant* user. But I think streaming and gaming put a strain on the device that my use doesn't.
For my use. I normally get a full day an into the next while on WiFi. On the network I get 16 hours, easily.

Sent from my iPhone 3Gs using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I use it a lot for texting, email, web browsing, social media (google+, twitter, instagram, Facebook every now and then) not so much videos, but I use it a lot with viggle which eats into the battery.

anon8433722

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
My wife is a texting fiend and sends rapid-fire iMessages to her work contacts, friends, and family throughout the day well into the evening. It's usually off by 8:00/8:30 in the evening. She mostly does Facebook, camera, Gmail, web browsing and phone calls aside from that. At the end of the day she still has plenty of battery life left. For whatever reason, her usage doesn't seem to be all that demanding on her 5S.

On my 6, I listen to music all day - iTunes Radio, my personal collection (local storage), watch streaming media, play games, use navigation to/from work (for traffic), surf the web, messaging, emails, web browsing, etc. At the end of the day, I am happy with 25% of my battery life remaining but I usually tone down my usage to keep 40% or better available before I go to bed every night. I hate being without a charge.

50ShadesofDroidx

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Lets see.. if this happens to you throughout the week then yes.
1) Always looking out for cops to sneak in a text here or there.
2) Walking your dog and bumping into a pole since your eyes were glued onto your phone.
3) You get a daily message reminding you of how little internet data you have for the month.
4) You get reminders from your phone whenever you want to download an app saying you can't because you no longer have memory space.
5) You say you're going to go to bed but end up playing on your phone for another hour or two while just laying there.

Too many real life examples

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

My wife is a heavy user...her phone is going 99.9999999999% of the day, even when she sleeps, it's still working for her. She has the iPhone 6, and she said to maintain her usage habits, if she was not capable of maintaining trickle charging throughout the day, she would have to do a full recharge 2-3 times per DAY. She said on a full 100% charge, her phone will last from 5am to around 11am before it gets into the single digits as far as life goes.

Her basic usage stats are as follows...

Texts - 100-150/day
Emails - 75-100/day
Calls - 55-75/day

No idea about data because she said she never pays attention to when she's using it, nor has she ever pulled up the setting to see how much was used.

...these are all on working days. Her phone gets a break on down days when she's not on location or set.

I'm BY FAR not a heavy user...lol.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

What does your wife do Sean, if you don't mind me asking? Sounds rather demanding.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

The funny part for me is I looked at my bill, between my wife and I and our 4 children we used 78 minutes of cellular last month, lol. I can remember using hundreds of minutes just a few years ago.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

The funny part for me is I looked at my bill, between my wife and I and our 4 children we used 78 minutes of cellular last month, lol. I can remember using hundreds of minutes just a few years ago.

Haha for the last 30 days, I've only used 30 minutes of talk. I hardly ever call anyone. :)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh I'm a big talker. I'm on the phone at least two hours every day. I get on the phone as soon as I gat in my car going to work and then on the way home.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

ihelp77

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Heavy usage to me is when I drain my battery during the day, taking a number of photos/videos that fills up my storage (I haven't completely deleted most pics from my phone but I do have room)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2