Confirmed: iPhone Virtual Reality Demo/Game works with $2 Glasses (like Oculus Rift)!

edyb

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have been playing around with my iPhone 5c and saw more and more VR games in the App Store from companies like Fibrum, Durovis Dive and others). I didn't want to miss out on this new "trend" and I'm sure some of you will want to get playing with it too! I wanted to share what I believe to be the CHEAPEST stereoscopic headset (a version of "Google cardboard") that I found on the internet that I have CONFIRMED works with iPhone 5! Total of $1.99 US with free international shipping included (from Hong Kong to Canada). How is this even possible when it costs me more to send a simple package across town?

Anyways, so while all my Android friends are trying Google Cardboard and Samsung Gear VR on their devices, I searched around and took my chances. I figured I could lose $2 on eBay to get something, even if it didn't work with my iPhone 5c. You will see in the video below that it just barely fits the iPhone 5 so I have a feeling the iPhone 6 and 6+ will not fit in the case. However you can always modify the case so it should still fit. Well as it turns out, although it only cost $2 and is pretty flimsy, it actually worked beautifully! Now I got a small taste of the 3D Virtual Reality trend and satisfied to know I'm not missing out on anything major.

Hope that you find the video useful and my experiment with a $2 cheap stereoscopic headset (like Google Cardboard knock-offs). Definitely worth dropping a couple bucks on this just to try it out. By the way, you can also use it to view lots of 3D movies that are side-by-side 3D.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR