Are there any marks/scratches on your device?

Andrawer

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Yes.
Hard to see unless I rotate it under a light but it has 2 scratches. Only thing I can think of is the zipper on some of my winter jackets.

I've owned about 15 smartphones over the last few years, have never used a screen protector, never scratches on any of these except my Note 4 and NOW my ip6+.

The Note 4 was from some sand on my hands but the ip6+ I really have no idea. I thought the screen was more resistant.

I'm only bummed 'cause of the reduced resale value. oh well.

Love my IP6+ and will keep it BUT not sure if I should just go naked now and not worry about it OR put a screen protector and make the best of it? I do have Applecare if that helps any in the future if the scratches continue.

Unlike my previous phones...I really want to keep this one for a while!

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
2 tiny, tiny places where the paint chipped off, and a micro scratch on the Apple logo. All of them happened with a case and tempered glass screen protector on. Can't see them with the case on though, and they're barely visible without a case on.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
No scratches on mine. Have a glass protector on the front and keep a Speigen case on it. Occasionally take it out of the case because I hate wearing a case on it but I'd hate even more for something to happen. My wife's on the other hand was out of the case for an hour and she dropped it and cracked the glass. Admittedly these iPhones aren't as tough as other phones. Her note 3 survived numerous drops with no cracks. Oh well.

idrazz856

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my phone getting out of my car and I got a ding at the bottom over the speaker. I am still upset because I bought a case that doesn't cover the top or bottom of the phone and I planned to switch it out to my new speck case that has more coverage. I was thinking about what would happen if I dropped my 6 with the current case I have and decided it wasn't worth the risk. I dropped it the next morning before I had the chance to switch cases😤

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Perfectly fine, dropped it yesterday on my kitchen floor from a foot up. I thought I scratched it, it easily wiped away.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+ 

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I recently got a gold iPhone 5S used from eBay and it's got a few tiny scratches and dents along the back and sides. Nothing major though, and the screen is flawless. My iPhone 4, which I bought brand new from Apple.com nearly four years ago was in mint condition until I let my boyfriend hold onto it as he was using it as an iPod touch. It ended up getting a small fine scratch on the left middle portion of the screen. Can't notice it when the screen is on, but I was pretty upset because I tend to baby my phones. Needless to say, the scratch wouldn't have happened had the phone been with me!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Not a single Mark on my 5s using a cheap gel case but my girlfriends new 6+ already has a small scratch on her screen. Believe me I chewed her out for it then I told her how I feel

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have no marks on my iPhone 6+. I don't have a screen protector and I am using the apple silicone case so I don't have extreme protection either. I just tend to take really good care of my phones.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Have had my Ip6 for about a week now. Put on a tempered glass within the first 10 minutes and a case to protect the body. Don't dare to use it without protection :)

Rishi Desai

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
No scratches on mine. I've had the iPhone 6 since launch day. Slapped on a cheap screen protector and a cheap case on it out of the box. Only take the case off every so often to clean the phone. Perfect condition.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
No dings or scratches. Just a minor bend at the weak point of where the volume buttons are.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

anon(785719)

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I have been using my iPhone 5s for the last 10 almost exclusively naked (have an apple leather case and mophie juice pack I use sometimes). I just like the feel of the phone without a case. As a result I have several scratches and scuffs. The back has minor scratches from sitting the phone down on desks, floors, ect. The corners of the devices have so me scuffs from being dropped a few times. The screen also has some minor scratches real bad or visible when the screen is on.

To me it's worth the battle wounds to use the phone the way it feels the best. Also, I find wear on items gives them character. I like how my phone looks -- shows how tough it is.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73