So I got my iPhone 6 replaced thru warranty..

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I got my t-mobile iPhone 6 swapped thru warranty and it's been paid off but when I received the replacement it saying the replacement is financed. I call t-mobile and tell them and they say don't worry about it and it's a replacement that's why it's showing that and it doesn't effect me. And I said so if the person who had it doesn't pay it will it shut off my phone they said no but I don't believe that. So idk if I should tell them I don't want this one or not? What y'all think about this situation? Because if I decide to trade and the person sees it's not paid off they not going to want it because I know I wouldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It might take a day or so for their back-end processes to fix the status of your device... I'd try talking with someone other than who you talked to and see if they'll give you a different answer.

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I tried talking to two people and they both said the same thing. And I don't trust that. Since my phone is paid off I want it to show its paid off like it supposed to. But yeah it's been one day so far. I just checked again a few mins ago it's saying the same thing.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes it takes a few days for changes to be reflected. There must be a record that you paid for a phone and a record that you received a warranty replacement. Just stay on top of the situation for the next few days.

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok I will wait another day. Also I didn't pay in full myself I bought it from someone that paid it off. But in general it's still paid off but the replacement isn't so I want it to show that it's paid off. I didn't send the other one back yet and I checked it and it's still showing paid off. I'm not sending the other back until they fix it. This is my second replacement the past two weeks the other one I didn't have this problem it showed it was paid off but I sent that one back already but this one showing not paid off.

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I called them again and they said that it shows that because I haven't sent the other back yet and once they receive it it wipes it out. I don't know if I believe that because this never happened before... I spoke to someone different again and they it hasn't shown up on my account yet it takes 3-5 days and they see that it was replaced on someone else account so once it shows on my account then it won't show that it's being financed anymore. Idk if I should believe that.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Now I don't understand this situation. Whatever is going on only T-Mobile can resolve it. I don't see what relief you can get from here.

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Now I don't understand this situation. Whatever is going on only T-Mobile can resolve it. I don't see what relief you can get from here.

I get opinions & advice from here about the situation.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I get opinions & advice from here about the situation.

I understand that but if T-Mobile says send the other phone back that's what it is. You get a replacement for a problem phone send the problem phone back. Right?

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I understand that but if T-Mobile says send the other phone back that's what it is. You get a replacement for a problem phone send the problem phone back. Right?

Yea but my point is the replacement isn't suppose to show that it's being financed. The phone is paid off.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
So what y'all think I should do?

Wait until you get your next bill. If they are charging you for the phone again then call them and you will have evidence that they need to fix it. Right now IMO it's not a big deal.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Was it an advanced replacement, so you had both devices in your possession at once (at some point in the near past)? If so, I could understand that it's showing as being "financed" until the old unit is received and processed. Just speculating as I don't have T-mobile, and I only have my devices fixed/replaced by Apple directly.

ihelp77

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Agree. It could just be some type of accounting status until the old phone is received. How are you sending it back in? If you are sending it in the mail, make sure you get proof that you sent it.

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Agree. It could just be some type of accounting status until the old phone is received. How are you sending it back in? If you are sending it in the mail, make sure you get proof that you sent it.

Thru ups I'm sending it. Do I still need proof ? There sending me a shipping label in the mail

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
They still haven't fixed anything yet. It's still showing financed. They keep saying it's now showing that it's being financed or connected to a account on there end. But when I tell them to go to t mobile imei check website then they see it and still say it's alright because it's not showing to be on any account. I really don't trust that. It should show paid off like before.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Thru ups I'm sending it. Do I still need proof ? There sending me a shipping label in the mail

When you rec the UPS label in the mail make a copy of it for your records. Make sure the tracking number is visible on your copy this way when you ship it, you can track it. Once it shows delivered, print the page showing those details and keep it with the copy of your shipping label. Or if you can't print it screen shot the page and save it in your photos in case you need it for any reason.

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok so funny thing happened. I called T-Mobile one more time Monday and complained about it and they suggested to send out another since the imei was showing financed. So they I received a new one and it's not showing financed anymore and it's showing paid off and all. I'm so glad I was able to get that fixed because it was bothering the hell out of me lol.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok so funny thing happened. I called T-Mobile one more time Monday and complained about it and they suggested to send out another since the imei was showing financed. So they I received a new one and it's not showing financed anymore and it's showing paid off and all. I'm so glad I was able to get that fixed because it was bothering the hell out of me lol.

Glad you got it fixed :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal