eBay iPhone Selling Tips

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to sell my iPhone 6 on eBay. Any tips on how to avoid bidders with no or less than 5 feedbacks? Most of he time these people never pay! I've finally set some buyer requirements under my account but don't see any options to get this done. Also what are some tips you guys recommend on getting the most money out of the auction? Thanks!!!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The best thing to do is to be completely up front about this.

Say something like "Any bids from people with less than <number> feedback will be removed."

or "I will not sell this internationally so if you do not live in <Country> then please do not bid as your bid will be removed."

diesteldorf

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
That's good advice, but doesn't always work, unless you can monitor the auction all the time. If the auction closes and they are the winner, your stuck and have to go through the pain of relisting and filing for a credit.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Go to a credible pricing website and check up what are the suitable prices to value... If you are inexperienced don't try to markup the prices too much and simply go for the prices they have put up there. As time goes by you will get the best feel for what prices you can generally get away with on eBay. Also, try not to go for auction options for starters since you aren't very experienced yet, go for simple buy it now sales.

If you want an easier time go for Craigslist doesn't hurt.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've never had a bidder not pay. The only thing I don't like about eBay is their steep fees.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
That's good advice, but doesn't always work, unless you can monitor the auction all the time. If the auction closes and they are the winner, your stuck and have to go through the pain of relisting and filing for a credit.

Exactly what I had to do the first time I listed it. It was a no feedback buyer from Russia! Of course no payment and had to file no payment case. I have it re-listed now and made it known I will cancel feedback less than 5 and also turned off international shipping. I also have paypal as the only accepted payment.

rendawg90

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I just sold my iPhone 16 GB 5S Space Gray on AT&T for $340 on eBay. I had the auction start at $250 since that was around what most trade ins were offering. I'm very happy with what it went for.

I did run into a small issue. The auction ended last Thursday. Received a message from the winner stating that she was having problems getting funds into her bank account and could pay just yet. She finally paid today, 5 days later. Not a big deal for me since she paid, but these things do happen. If the winner eventually didn't pay, I'd have to wait until 10/30 to be able to relist the item.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711