Should I take my 5 in for the fix before selling?

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't planning to be an early adopter but I'm guessing my device will lose value if I don't go ahead and sell. (This is my first device) I hadn't taken it in to fix the sleep/wake. I planned to take it when my daughter started school bc it was down the street. It just seems like such a hassle though with my 3 yo who inevitably falls asleep on the way and my baby. Should I bite the bullet & do it?

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't planning to be an early adopter but I'm guessing my device will lose value if I don't go ahead and sell. (This is my first device) I hadn't taken it in to fix the sleep/wake. I planned to take it when my daughter started school bc it was down the street. It just seems like such a hassle though with my 3 yo who inevitably falls asleep on the way and my baby. Should I bite the bullet & do it?

My sleep wake button was also broken on my iPhone 5 but I didn't say anything to them about it lol and they never tested it so I was given $225 which is what I've seen most people getting for their iPhone 5

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If it's a free fix, definitely get it fixed. You'll get more money from the sell with a fully functioning phone. I can imagine that it's rough having a toddler and baby but the toddler will probably be okay once they are inside, I believe Apple still has a section of iMacs with kids games right in front of the Genius Bar. They have little beanie type chairs and the kiddos really enjoy it. Other than explaining your issue to the genius (ha) you can focus on your kids.

My sleep wake button was also broken on my iPhone 5 but I didn't say anything to them about it lol and they never tested it so I was given $225 which is what I've seen most people getting for their iPhone 5

I would rather be honest and fare if selling it to a person but if it's a trade-in, the carrier or whatever company would more than likely make sure it's fixed.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I may bite the bullet and do it and get more money than a trade. Though I am actually thinking the 6 so it will cost less to upgrade. If I can get 225 that would include a case & screen protector.

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
If it's a free fix, definitely get it fixed. You'll get more money from the sell with a fully functioning phone. I can imagine that it's rough having a toddler and baby but the toddler will probably be okay once they are inside, I believe Apple still has a section of iMacs with kids games right in front of the Genius Bar. They have little beanie type chairs and the kiddos really enjoy it. Other than explaining your issue to the genius (ha) you can focus on your kids.

I would rather be honest and fare if selling it to a person but if it's a trade-in, the carrier or whatever company would more than likely make sure it's fixed.

It was a trade in so I didn't see the need in telling them,if I was planning on giving it someone I would've gotten it fixed in advance but I wasn't so didn't see the need. Apple had a time where they were fixing iPhones with the sleep/wake buttons for free which I needed because I didn't have insurance on it but I didn't like how long it was gonna take for them to fix it,they said they would be needing my phone for up to a week which was too long in my opinion. I need my phone to communicate and I also go to college in a semi sketchy area and would become very paranoid knowing I had no way of communication if something out of the ordinary had happened. Plus that offer was given out too late,by the time they offered to fix it free of charge my contract was almost already done so I just dealt with it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2