? About Buying at Verizon

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
So, my 6+ is ordered from VZW with shipping date at end of October. It was available sooner elsewhere but I have a $50 coupon to buy from VZW, so...

Does anyone know if stores get shipments daily or weekly or something? I would be willing to hit the store first thing one morning and buy it that way rather than wait. Not only is it impossible to wait, but my iPhone 5 battery is questionable and my phone keeps cutting off at 50%. I've already had the battery replaced once and I'm of course not about to pay $79 for a replacement phone for one month.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon stores typically receive inventory once a week... So you'd have to find out what day of the week that is from the store you frequent...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You've replaced your battery once already, and having issues again? Maybe it's your % icon needing calibrating. Try running your phone down until it cuts off, then charge it up to 100% without using it while charging. When it gets to 100%, let it charge another hour.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Great that's what I was hoping to hear. I hope they will tell me the shipment day on the phone.

As for my battery, the last time it wigged out I tried that multiple times and ended up at the Apple Store. They tested the battery and said it had several bad cells so they replaced it. It was within the first year of ownership too. Recently I saw that my phone's serial number was in a battery recall cycle for that problem, but I wasn't eligible for another replacement since I already had one. I will try to deep cycle it this time, though, and see what happens.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use the 5. I've had the same battery since it was new in August of last year. I've been a heavy user. At first, I got about 10 hours per charge. It's down to about 7.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I got my 5 in Oct of '12 and had the first battery replaced in Oct '13. It was definitely a bad cell (per apple genius) and it was getting hot and turning my phone off and then would power back up with plenty of battery still remaining. The new battery stopped doing that. He recall was for phones starting in September of '12 but I don't remember the end month. My battery life is acceptable now...when it doesn't turn off at 50% and require it to be plugged into a charger to power back on, just to see it saying it still has 50% and more importantly, work for another 4 hours. I'm not always going to have charger on hand just to get my phone to turn back on.

Last edited:

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
You might be able to repair that issue by erasing all data and setting up iPhone as new. Just backup all your contacts and data. I've seen this a lot on the 5 series. But it's always from extremely heavy users

doitlarge

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Wondering if anyone saw their phone show up earlier than expected. Mine is due 11/7/14. Not too far off but just wanted to know if any chance I may see it sooner based on anyone else's experience so far. I ordered through Verizon Business and did not receive any email based information but got expected delivery date and order number from the rep over the phone.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I missed your reply before but I'm seeing it now. I'm going to try this tonight because I'm at my wits end for sure. The problem is worse than ever and my new phone can't get here soon enough!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2