Can anyone give me any recommendations as to what they would do regarding Cloud Storage?

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I've never been one to use cloud storage but now That I have just a 16gb iPhone I'm gonna have to start using one. I can't afford to pay so I'm just going to have to use the free version so take that into consideration.

I don't currently have a tablet or a computer either.

I was thinking iCloud drive but it doesn't have folders and stuff. I also thought about Dropbox because it's widely popular and google drive because it offers a decent amount of free storage but I just don't know. Can anyone give me any recommendations as to what they would do in this situation.

Thanks in advance. ;)

Debbster

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I've found that Dropbox has helped me loads when when I need to empty my phone for more storage space. Usually clearing out my photos is enough for me to stay within my limit so I don't have to pay anything extra. Hope this helps you. 😉

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I've found that Dropbox has helped me loads when when I need to empty my phone for more storage space. Usually clearing out my photos is enough for me to stay within my limit so I don't have to pay anything extra. Hope this helps you. 😉

Thanks for the advice. Yeah I mostly need to just store pics and video and Dropbox is popular so I'll try it.

Other suggestions are still welcome though.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I use Dropbox with the camera backup (I have a pro account for Dropbox but I have for years prior to even having an iPhone), and I have an icloud backup as well, the 20GB right now, which I may upgrade.)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use Dropbox for various forms and documents and a few photos and wallpaper, but I use OneDrive by Microsoft solely for photo storage. The associated app will easily upload and/or download the photos to and from your device. Still, either choice or both should be sufficient, in my opinion...:)

Chrysalis1156

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I got an email saying I was almost out of space on my 5G free iCloud account. Checked the upgrade price & it was $.99 a month for 20G so I went for it. I was expecting a much higher price so I was very happy. Not saying that's the way everyone should go. Just putting it out there for informational purposes. 😄

rdubmu

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
1st time cloud user: which one?

You should do "OneDrive" as it provides 30 gigs for free. It will back up your photos and is integrated with Office 13

The camera backup works on iPhone and windows phone

DMBAdict04

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
I've had Dropbox for forever and use it for business/personal use. It works amazingly well. However, I must admit that I'm starting to consider OneDrive. 30GBs for free is really hard to pass up.

KiwiGrrl

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
OneDrive and Dropbox both here, but I get a lot more space with OneDrive so use it most. 1 TB for having an Office sub isn't bad at all.

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Just a little heads-up for OneDrive, I just signed up and I'm pretty sure I seen somewhere that says the upgrade to 30gb for using camera upload option was only until the end of September. So hurry!

Posted via the iMore App for Android

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Dropbox.
It syncs so fast to all your devices and computers, it's instant.
And I think there's a free option.

Also, iCloud Drive is just starting up and I think Apple has a free price point too. And I think a 99-cent/month option for more storage. That might work well too.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Box gives you 10 gb of free storage. Dropbox gives you 2 gb of free storage. OneDrive gives you 18 gb of free storage. I use all three.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
It's not only about the amount of space, but the security of your cloud data, the accessibility of your data (from other platforms), the integration with other apps, etc just to name a few.

That being said, Dropbox by far is the best IMHO.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR