Okay guys.. Need an honest opinion between the 6 and 6+.

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
So I am debating in between the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. I just can't decide.. I preordered the iPhone 6 plus already, but this 3-4 weeks till shipment it's helping me think as I am reading a lot of people is complaining and saying the iPhone 6 plus is just so "darn" big.

I use my device mainly for texting, calling and browsing a lot. I would probably use pages and keynote to make some presentations. I currently have an iPhone 5.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a 6 plus as we speak. Had some hands on time with the 6 and I felt like its not too different from the 5S. As the verge said its a bigger screen. Nothing more, nothing less. 6 plus feels like a super upgrade. Use it and trust me you will fall in love.

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
So I am debating in between the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. I just can't decide.. I preordered the iPhone 6 plus already, but this 3-4 weeks till shipment it's helping me think as I am reading a lot of people is complaining and saying the iPhone 6 plus is just so "darn" big.

I use my device mainly for texting, calling and browsing a lot. I would probably use pages and keynote to make some presentations. I currently have an iPhone 5.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

^

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I went into an Apple Store today to feel a 6+ - it is a big phone but doesn't feel ridiculous so long as you don't have itty bitty hands. I also suggest going into a store and wrapping your hands around one (or both of them) to see what you feel most comfortable with. It isn't really "real world" but at least then you can get an idea in person rather than online where pics can be quite deceiving.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah go to a store and have a look.

Personally speaking, I went with the 6, for this reason.

iPhone 6+
Imaghghghge2.jpg

(Picture found on Reddit)

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I wrestled with this decision for quite a while. Because I knew the 6 Plus would be in short supply and high demand, I pre-ordered one last week. Though I wasn’t 100% sure about it, I reasoned that the 6 would be easier to find if I decided the 6 Plus was too big. My 6 Plus came today. I spent the last week second-guessing myself - that I had purchased the wrong device. Friends and family looked at the paper cutout that I had glued up on some cardboard and confirmed my fears, that the 6 Plus was huge - too big to be used as a daily phone.

It came today, and I love it. I absolutely could not be happier with it. It’s big, but not TOO big. The larger screen is beautiful and affords just a bit more room on the keyboard so as to make typing that much better.

At this point, you have have my 6 Plus when you pry it out of my cold, dead hand. I am serious.

Bias reduX

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
My boss got his 6+ today and my co-worker got his 6 today.
If you are okay with the lower resolution, no OIS on the camera, and smaller battery, go with the 6.
The 6's dimensions were perfect for handling the phone, it felt "better" in my hands than the 6+ did.

For me though, I need top notch, I want the 1080p screen, the OIS, the longer lasting battery.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to the store, try 'em out.

The 6 is very similar in experience to the 5/5s. I've got a 5s and frankly can only justify the upgrade if I get a 6 Plus. But an upgrade from the 5 to the 6 can be, of course.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a 6 plus as we speak. Had some hands on time with the 6 and I felt like its not too different from the 5S. As the verge said its a bigger screen. Nothing more, nothing less. 6 plus feels like a super upgrade. Use it and trust me you will fall in love.

I agree with this 100%

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Honestly. If I return the 6 plus then I'll go back to the 5s.

I'm giving it time because I have to change how I use the phone.

Right now the 5s feels like home. The 6 plus is this beautiful big device. It takes changing and getting used to.

I'll probably get a case to try as I go through the trial period.

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Like others have said, try them out at the store.

When I first got the galaxy S3- roughly the same size as a 6, I thought it was a tablet. But I quickly got used to it. It's a good size- the 4.7" screen is big enough where my tablet lust started to fade but not so big that it looked kinda silly and wouldn't fit in my pocket.

If you truly are unsure and the 5.5" screen of the iPhone 6 plus is turning you off to the screen, camera, and battery advantages of the 6 plus, go with the 6.

That being said, I've always been interested in the phablets and barring a disastrous first encounter with the 6 plus, I want to try out the 6plus.

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 6 us is definitely big but not unmanageable. Takes some getting use to for sure I still am. I had some second thoughts at first but I'm glad I got it over the 6. It all depends on what you want. The extra screen space is awesome. But if you want total one handed use then get the 6. I can do most things one handed with the 6 plus, especially thanks to the reachability feature. The only real issue I have using it one handed is reaching the character selector to use the ? Key.

tacsniper

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Initially I had my heart set on the 6+ for the larger screen and battery. After playing with it in the apple store I decided is too big for me. Its cumbersome to use one hand typing and it's too big to fit in my running shirts. Last thing I need is my 6+ to fall out when I go for runs outside and in the gym.

I end up settling with the 6 and i am happy with it. Still get a bit bigger screen but still feels like a phone and can fit in my pocket.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
We originally wanted the 6's but ended up ordering the 6+'s today. My hands are small/average but I always use two hands on the 5 anyway and I never put my phone in any pocket. Even though I use an iPad mini, my phone is my main device and because sometimes the hotspot doesn't behave all the time for my wifi-only iPad to work, I end up doing everything on the phone anyway. So the bigger screen will just be awesome. Can't wait!

And honestly, the plus isn't really THAT big! ;)

However, I do use neck lanyards for my phones so this should be interesting... 😜

Last edited:

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I honestly don't understand people saying the 6 isn't much different then the 5s... It's way different. When I held the 6 for the first time today i felt like it was way bigger and way more "Apple authentic" then the past releases. In what way I'm not sure but this new build just feels right to me

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'm sticking with the Plus and added applecare to it which I seldom do but the risk of dropping this is higher I think. After a couple of "normal" work days, it's fitting in. I've noticed I'm used to the screen and going back to the 5S, it seems too small now. The screen quality of the Plus (along with the experience it provides) is just fantastic and makes up for any inconvenience.

When I get my proclip mounts, it'll be that much better in car.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711