No New 4" Model

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Confirmed, the 6 feels very much like the 5s -- except, of course, for those with smaller hands.

Bet there's no new 4" model for a long time, so snap up the 5s in the size you want while you can!

DMBAdict04

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Hearing all of the positive feedback on the 6, I might give it a try. I just have to get out to the Apple Store to check it out.

DMBAdict04

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Confirmed, the 6 feels very much like the 5s -- except, of course, for those with smaller hands.

Bet there's no new 4" model for a long time, so snap up the 5s in the size you want while you can!

So...I caved and got a 6. I love it!

I still think the 4" form factor works though. Some people just aren't going to like the larger sized phones. The 6 really doesn't feel too much larger in the hand.

I'm really happy with my decision!

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
So...I caved and got a 6. I love it!

I still think the 4" form factor works though. Some people just aren't going to like the larger sized phones. The 6 really doesn't feel too much larger in the hand.

I'm really happy with my decision!

We all are backsliders at heart.

I too caved and got a 128 GB silver 6 today.

Feels great. May go caseless to keep it feeling small enough. With no case it's the same size as my 5s with a Fabshell case from Speck.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have smaller than average hands so my preferences are going to be uncommon but I wish Apple would, even though it's obviously never going to happen, make a 4.3" phone with the 5/5S design. Would be absolutely perfect. Either way I'm more than happy with 4 inch 5C/5S. Still performs good enough that I haven't and probably won't even consider a 6.

cdpinker

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Having tried the 6 and 6 Plus, I feel even the 6 is too large for me - I cannot reach all areas of the screen with one hand without loosening my grip on the phone.

I'm really hoping the 5S continues to sell and encourages Apple to re-invest in a hardware refresh of that form factor. Not all of us want a larger phone, and it is a shame to see Apple just follow the herd with the larger phones - whatever happened to their proclamations about the 4" size being the perfect balance?

In answer to your question, I think the larger sizes of the 6 and 6+ have shown that Apple will react to market desire at the expense of their original intentions. If they see the 5S continues to be a big seller, hopefully they will respond, but I think they are probably inclined to stick to the larger size for the flagship models from now on, perhaps introducing newer features into the 4" line once cost of parts reduces.

DMBAdict04

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Not all of us want a larger phone, and it is a shame to see Apple just follow the herd with the larger phones - whatever happened to their proclamations about the 4" size being the perfect balance?

That's what I was wondering. They made the biggest deal about NOT following suit when they released the 5. Now they have gone ahead and released two larger models. One of which is (IMO) absurdly large.

As I mentioned, I did buy the 6 and I love it thus far. However, I have to admit that my love stems from the improvements over my 5. Not necessarily just the larger screen.

This thing is much faster than my 5, looks better (display wise), takes great pictures, and is getting great battery life.

If I had had a 5S, I might have waited for an updated 4". I truly believe they'll update the 4" form factor. I could be wrong but it's possible that a balance exists between 4" and 4.7" - say 4.3"?

We'll just have to wait and see. For now, I'm just going to enjoy my new device. It really has been a joy to use. Everything is just better.

diesteldorf

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I'd be curious to know if there are many people that really felt the 6 was uncomfortable to use, compared to the 5S or 5C.

Both will still fit in most pockets.

If anything, I agree that I could see Apple releasing a refresh to the 5C next year.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It’s hard to say what Apple will do. Past actions are always the best indicator of future actions. In this case, Apple has only increased the screen size once previously - from the 3.5" iPhone 4/4S to the 4" iPhone 5/5S. At that time, they left the 3.5" screen in the dust.

We’ll have to wait to see what they do next year. My money is no no more 4" screens. We’ll more than likely see 4.7" and 5.5" screens going forward.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm still on the fence. I'm more disappointed that the bezels are so large. I ordered both models, so I guess I'll see Friday but I'm pretty sure I'll be a tad irritated that the 6 Plus is so tall. I mean the device is much taller than the Note 3 which is ridiculously huge but the screen is smaller...SMH
Maybe the space that makes it so tall is necessary for the features and stuff, like better battery life.

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Not disappointed. 4" is just too small.. (For me). The 6 is a great size, and the 6+ (what I have) is not for everyone. Apple did it good - sales numbers don't lie :)

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone is going to sale regardless of the size. Every year it outsells the previous year, but I believe they have more markets as well.

I personally think the 5/s is the perfect size for me. The 6 isn't bad but it does take a little effort and isn't as comfortable when using a case versus the 5s. I would prefer the 5s if they update the specs.

At the same time I don't want a 6c with a 4 inch display in a plastic body either.

For now I'm still happy with my 6.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox