First app you'll install on new iPhone 6/6 Plus

xandrik

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
What's your most favorite app(s)? And which one would you install first?

If you ordered a 6 Plus, what app do you hope is updated first to take advantage of the new screen real estate?

Also, for apps being able to communicate with one another in ios 8?

For me: Drafts, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus, 1Password, Fantastical, Mindnode Pro, Noteshelf (hopefully the iPad versions. Will be available for 6 plus).

How about you?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I will probably install "iMore" so that I can inform my favorite iPhone site of my newly purchased iPhone 6.....SMILE

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I purchase my iPhone 6 Plus and set it up as new, the first app I'll install is DataVault (along with its imported backup from iCloud) because I need it to get to the login information for services like Evernote, Dropbox and everything else that require a passcode.

Last edited:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
1Password, Scanner Pro, Sign Now, Living Earth & Google Maps (I'm doing my nest to use the native Maps app but I just don't like it as much)

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure what will be first, but I know I'll be annoyed while everything installs because I won't have much to play with that day, hahaha

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
  • Spotify
  • Yahoo Fantasy Football
  • Paper for Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Zedge
  • Feedly
  • iMore App
  • Netflix
  • Vudu
And so many more haha.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Usually it's Dropbox and 1Password. I think I need Dropbox on there first to get my data in 1Password to work. I think FindMyiPhone already is ON the phone so I just activate that.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Usually it's Dropbox and 1Password. I think I need Dropbox on there first to get my data in 1Password to work. I think FindMyiPhone already is ON the phone so I just activate that.
If the 1Password app allows you to drag n drop to your desktop via iTunes like DataVault does, you won't need Dropbox in this regard. Just drag n drop a local backup of the app onto your desktop and then drag n drop it back after installing the app on your new device, if applicable. I have the app downloaded, but have yet taken the time to experiment with it....:)

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If the 1Password app allows you to drag n drop to your desktop via iTunes like DataVault does, you won't need Dropbox in this regard. Just drag n drop a local backup of the app onto your desktop and then drag n drop it back after installing the app on your new device, if applicable. I have the app downloaded, but have yet taken the time to experiment with it....:)
I like to do fresh installs on new phones. Set up all as new.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR