5S for two years?

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
So this is gonna be a long post so bare with me.

First of all I've have many iPhones and ipads before. Anywho, I currently have a Lumia 928 but I'm on my parents family plan. They are moving and not renewing any contracts. The current one expires in late Sept. We are in att though and since this is a Verizon phone even with the correct APN settings, mms and voicemail dont work for me. I could get a new phone at anytime on my own contract even though my folks current doesn't end until Sept.

I want to get back onto iOS badly but I don't know if I should get the 5S now and be stuck with it for the next two years, or go with the 6. Now I know we don't know anything official about the 6 yet but the dummy units imo look hideous and the 5/5S design is a work of art. Also I have pretty small hands and a 4.5 screen is my ideal sweet spot. However I've used a i5 and is not too small and if the 6 (4.7) is as big as the HTC one m7 then is going to be a monster for its screen size (if only it could be as compact as the Moto x * sigh* lol).

Basically I'm wondering if the 5S is still a good enough phone to commit to for the next few years or do you think the 6 will have something good enough that it'd be foolish not to wait for it.

Thanks in advance to ask who reply. Cheers.

Last edited:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

First of all I've have many iPhones and ipads before. Anywho, I currently have a Lumia 928 but I'm on my parents family plan. They are moving and not renewing any contracts. The current one expires in late Sept. We are in att though and since this is a Verizon phone even with the correct APN settings, mms and voicemail dont work for me. I could get a new phone at anytime on my own contract even though my folks current doesn't end until Sept.

I want to get back onto iOS badly but I don't know if I should get the 5S now and be stuck with it got the next two years, or go with the 6. Now I know we don't know anything official about the 6 yet but the dummy units imo look hideous and the 5/5S design is a work of art. Also I have pretty small hands and a 4.5 screen is my ideal sweet spot. However I've used a 5 and is not to small and if the 6 (4.7) is as big as the HTC one m7 then is going to be a monster for its screen size (if only it could be as contact as the Moto x * sigh* lol).

Basically I'm wondering if the 5S is still a good enough phone to commit to for the next few years or do you think the 6 will have something good enough that it'd be foolish not to wait for it.

The 5S is absolutely a great phone and it will easily serve you well for the next 2 years. But with the new phone announcement only 2 weeks away, and release about 3-4 weeks away, why not tough it out and see what the iPhone 6 really is? Even if you go with the 5S at that time, at least you will have made the best decision possible.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just got my 5S a few months ago. I think the 5S is an awesome device. If you choose the 5S I don't think you'd have any problem with it for the next two years. The iPhone 6 will probably be released in about 4 weeks. If you like the 5S then go for it. If you're not sure then I'd wait for the iPhone 6 and compare the two devices to see which one you like the best. Good luck!

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The 5S is absolutely a great phone and it will easily serve you well for the next 2 years. But with the new phone announcement only 2 weeks away, and release about 3-4 weeks away, why not tough it out and see what the iPhone 6 really is? Even if you go with the 5S at that time, at least you will have made the best decision possible.

That's true and if I wait and do end up getting a 5S it'll be $100 cheaper but its just that certain things about Windows Phone drive me crazy (although Cortana and the new keyboard are amazing but I digress lol) so I want to get rid of it asap and I'm impatient haha.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I honestly have no intentions on going to one of the new ones. This 64 bit chip was supposed to future proof my device so I should definitely get another year or two out of it. A bigger iPhone doesn't intrigue me

jleis985

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I think the 5S is a great phone but the problem is you will see the iPhone 6 everywhere and you'll want one. Not just because it's newer but because it's completely redesigned and the screen is larger. It's a huge upgrade and I would get it if you can.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Right now I would wait for the iPhone 6. Especially if you are thinking about keeping it for two years.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Get the 5s because you like it. Buying devices should always be on the basis on liking them in the first place and not if the next phone will be coming. The next phone is always coming Imo.

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I would wait to see what the iphone 6 brings before you jump for the iphone 5S and if u still prefer the iPhone 5s then u will get a better deal on it :)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I want to get back onto iOS badly but I don't know if I should get the 5S now and be stuck with it for the next two years, or go with the 6. Now I know we don't know anything official about the 6 yet but the dummy units imo look hideous and the 5/5S design is a work of art. Also I have pretty small hands and a 4.5 screen is my ideal sweet spot. However I've used a i5 and is not too small and if the 6 (4.7) is as big as the HTC one m7 then is going to be a monster for its screen size (if only it could be as compact as the Moto x * sigh* lol).

The 5s is still a great phone. It will easily last 2 more years if not longer. The 64bit processor will keep it relevant for awhile and apple isn't going to just throw it by the wayside when the 6 launches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I think the 5S is a great phone but the problem is you will see the iPhone 6 everywhere and you'll want one. Not just because it's newer but because it's completely redesigned and the screen is larger. It's a huge upgrade and I would get it if you can.

A huge upgrade? Completely redesigned?? We don't know anything about the iphone 6 other than a possible bigger screen though...

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 5S since November and its been performing really good. I think I can get an easy two years probably three out of it.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I would wait and see the actual specs and design of the iPhone 6.
I am upgrading because I do want the bigger screen. But I'm sure that the 5s will perform admirably on iOS 8.
So....I would wait for the announcement.
Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
As posted by others, just wait for few weeks. You can buy iPhone 5s anytime but just hang in there for a while.. And yes, 5s is a super awesome device!

Good luck

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had the 5s for a year and it runs just as good as the day I purchased it 6 may have some improvements but don't be afraid the buy the 5s

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Wait until the 19th, check out the iPhone 6 in person, see what you think. If you like it, get it. If not, the 5s will be a lot cheaper in two weeks.
That being said, sight unseen, I would absolutely get the 6.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I am like you. I'm currently having problems with my Samsung S4 and I'm eligible to upgrade on Sprint using Easy Pay but I couldn't decided between a 6 and 5S but my husband said why get the 5S when you can get the new one. I still don't know what I am going to do but I'm waiting on the announcement because another few days aren't going to kill me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR