• Undecided

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Not buying

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters

Gazella

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Please vote which size and color you're getting. And if you like, comment why you're going for that size. Also, I'd be interested to know what your current phone is.

I currently use an iPhone 5S. I'll be getting the 4.7" Silver. All my Apple products have been Silver and I'm sticking with this color. I'll be going for the 4.7" variant since I think it's the perfect size for me. I'm a girl with small hands so 5.5" will be uncomfortable and way too big for me.

P.S. I know there has been some difference of opinion on whether or not Apple will release a 5.5" version, but just assume they will. I personally think we'll be seeing one :smile:

iphone_5s_6_grass.jpg

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
After owning a 5.7" Galaxy Note 3, I expect the 5.5" version will be way too big for me. I'm a guy with large hands but still I found the Note awkward to use.

I shall be buying the 4.7" iPhone provided the internals are the broadly the same. I haven't decided what colour though. I'd love my gold 5S but all of the renders I have seen of the iPhone 6 just make the gold look horrible in my opinion. If the renders are close to the mark then I may just get the black one, or if the internals on the 5.5" are that much better than the 4.7" then I may get that one instead. I am undecided and waiting for the Keynote in September before I make my final decision. Who knows, I may end up sticking with my 5S.

Last edited:

Gazella

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
After owning a 5.7" Galaxy Note 3, I expect teh 5.5" version will be way too big for me. I'ma guy with large hands but still I found the Note awkward to use.

I shall be buying the 4.7" iPhone provided the internals are the broadly the same. I haven't decided what colour though. I'd love my gold 5S but all of the renders I have seen of the iPhone 6 just make the gold look horrible in my opinion. If the renders are close to the mark then I may just get the black one, or if the internals on the 5.5" are that much better than the 4.7" then I may get that one instead. I am undecided and waiting for the Keynote in September before I make my final decision. Who knows, I may end up sticking with my 5S.

I really hope both have the same specs. So assume the 5.5" iPhone 6 will have better specs, will you go for that even though you know the size isn't right for you?

Edit: Sorry I think I read your post too quickly. I read it again, so specs come first for you.

I'll be getting the 4.7" regardless. I don't the 5.5" iPhone having better specs will affect my decision.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I really hope both have the same specs. So assume the 5.5" iPhone 6 will have better specs, will you go for that even though you know the size isn't right for you?

Edit: Sorry I think I read your post too quickly. I read it again, so specs come first for you.

I'll be getting the 4.7" regardless. I don't the 5.5" iPhone having better specs will affect my decision.

As long as the specs are broadly the same. By that I mean as long as the 5.5" hasn't got way better internals then I will go for the 4.7". If the 5.5" does, then I shall have to re-evaluate my position. I am very hesitant in getting the 5.5" as I know what a pain in the proverbial my Note 3 was to use.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
As of right now the Gold 4.7 version of the iPhone 6 is my favorite in my personal race, but that's subject to change once I see the actual device in person.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
For the longest time, I was set on getting the 4.7", but I'm starting to be swayed to the 5.5". Need to actually get a feel for it in person though, but I'm gonna say 5.5" in gray.

Gazella

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I've used an HTC One (M7) for a few months just to experience Android. It has a 4.7" display. So I kind of have an idea of what to expect.

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
4.7" black iPhone. Mine will be company provided and it is my suspicion that they will not want to pony up for a bigger/more expensive device. However, if I was getting one on my own...I would probably still choose the 4.7" because the 5.5 just seems huuuuuge.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
If I had to choose between the two sizes, I would take the larger size. However, I think that I will be sticking with my 5S for the time being. I am anxiously awaiting the announcement of possibly the two smartphones. I am curious to see if there is going to be a must have feature presented. But I have a feeling that whatever Apple comes out with, I won't really need at this point. I think that I can wait another year.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Probably going to go with the 5.5 if they actually come out with it, if not then the 4.7. I have an upgrade for work and personal so I may get both sizes.

idrazz856

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I will probably get the 4.7 in silver since one of my lines has an upgrade available. I currently have a 5 and 5S so I will upgrade the line for the 5 and pass it down to my daughter who has a 4s 😊

Gazella

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
5.5 for me. I find that to be still small for me but I'll have to manage.

Sent from my Death Note powered by iOS

Whoa. You find a 5.5" display too small?! I see that you use a Note 3 and it has a 5.7" display so I can understand that :p

Gazella

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I wonder why people aren't voting on the poll? Are some of you using the iMore Forums app or Tapatalk and don't have access/can't see the poll?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I've used an HTC One (M7) for a few months just to experience Android. It has a 4.7" display. So I kind of have an idea of what to expect.

I've had an HTC One M7 since the day they launched and I love the size of it immensely. I use it for work mainly and my iPhone for personal use. The only thing I dislike about the One is the curved back which means that although it sits nicely in your hand, it rocks when you put it on a table.

Gazella

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I've had an HTC One M7 since the day they launched and I love the size of it immensely. I use it for work mainly and my iPhone for personal use. The only thing I dislike about the One is the curved back which means that although it sits nicely in your hand, it rocks when you put it on a table.

The M7 is a great device. The only issue I had with it was the curved back, not because it rocks when put on table, didn't mind that, but I found the back to be slippery. All of the iPhone 6 leaks so far have one thing in common: curved/rounded sides. I have an iPod Touch 5G (which has rounded sides) and I find that it occasionally slips from my hand. Very slippery without a case. So I don't know if this is going to be the same with the iPhone 6. I know that it would be thicker than the iPod Touch 5G, so maybe it won't be as slippery. But yes, I loved the display size of the HTC One, I can't see myself using anything bigger. It's just perfect.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711