Those stolen 1.2Billion Usernames and Passwords!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
According to news reports, at least 1.2 billion Internet usernames and passwords were stolen by a gang of Russian hackers. They say that 500 million email addresses were also stolen. That's a huge amount. Is it huge enough for you to update your important passwords? I have changed a few. My bank account, Amazon and etc. but I needed to update those anyway. Do you update passwords regularly or stick with what has been working?

LightaDroid

Banned
May 1, 2014
Visit site
I stay with what is working. I doubt 1.2 billion people are going to get hacked For account info. Such as banking and shopping sites.
They are secured anyways with banking sites.

I've been hacked before and the bank called me and let me know what they were doing with my account.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have One Password and regularly change my passwords. Either yearly or twice a year depending on importance.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've kept mine the same for a long time with no problems. It's hard to change from what works to a question mark. But I think that theft spooked me. I heard they're using that info to spam people.

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Even though I just read about it a couple of days ago, I went ahead and change my passwords. Perhaps now and with some assistance from Keeper or Lastpass, I can regularly change and manage my passwords better than I have been doing. LightaDroid is also correct, banks do a great job at monitoring your account for suspicious tranactions.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro