iPhone 5 Not Getting Service On Wifi In Scotland!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so my sister and her hubby go to Scotland to visit my niece. I guide them on how to set up their phones. They both use the iPhone 5. Cellular off, voice roaming off, push off for mail. It may have been overkill, but she wanted to be sure no huge charges. So they get there and his phone works on wifi and hers does not. She said Airplane Mode was off. She said both phones are set the same in settings. I suggested she Reset Network Settings. But she wants to wait until they get to another destination tomorrow. She believes it's the wifi where they are. But his works fine. Other than trying Reset Network Settings, any other ideas?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To be clear, you said his device works on Wi-Fi, but hers does not. Right? Does that mean that she was able to connect to a Wi-Fi network, but couldn't surf the web or that she was NOT able to connect to a Wi-Fi connection even though Wi-Fi is enabled on her device?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
They are at an Inn type place that has wifi. She can't get service for email or online while on wifi. His phone gets it. She emails me with his phone.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me before. Some hotels are only setup for one device in your room to work on wifi at a time. If they had to sign in by putting in their last name & room # this may be the issue.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me before. Some hotels are only setup for one device in your room to work on wifi at a time. If they had to sign in by putting in their last name & room # this may be the issue.

Same here. There's probably a one device limit for the Wifi.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, guys and gal! That must be the reason. I'm surprised they have not checked with the desk to ask about it. They go from there to a Bed & Breakfast place. It may be the same there.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll