How Anal Are You?

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
What are you like when it comes to scratches, scuffs or marks on any of your devices, or their accessories?

I can be really nit picky when it comes to these things. Getting a scratch on a case's screen protector can bug me like crazy, and in my head I may even deem it unusable. But then again, if I have marks on the corners of my phone, but a case covers them? I can forget them really easily. It's weird, I know..

How about you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Of course, I prefer my device to be damage-free, however, minor war wounds here and there are acceptable to me in regard to my own device...:)

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I hate having scratches or anything on my devices. My rMini has a barely noticeable dent in the bezel, but it still drives me crazy just knowing it's there. :)

Another thing that bothers me are bubbles and dust under screen protectors. This drives me absolutely insane haha. I see some devices with huge bubbles under the screen protector and I wonder how the people can even stand to use them :)

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Another thing that bothers me are bubbles and dust under screen protectors. This drives me absolutely insane haha. I see some devices with huge bubbles under the screen protector and I wonder how the people can even stand to use them :)

My pet peeve as well, so I don't use screen protectors anymore. Lol

I am pretty paranoid about my devices but if it is scratches and scruffs acquired over normal usage I don't fret too much.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Nothing bother me on my device except for the screen, I cant stand them. I always use screen protectors.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
How many of you remedy your OCD by simply getting a new device? Or, how often do you upgrade to a new iPhone?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The built in screen protector on my Otterbox Defender works great. It's flush with the phone's screen and I get very little dust and debris in between. I've only had to remove my case for cleaning twice since August if last year.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I like to keep it factory fresh but don't sweat the small stuff after a good nights sleep it becomes the past. But so far so good with my 5s

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm EXTREMELY OCD about scratches, nicks, marks.ect. on my phones as well as my cases. YES I know I need HELP. In the psat I have purchased a new device because of a scratch and thats why I always protect them to the MAX (screen protector, back protector (especially my 5s) and case)...SMILE

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm EXTREMELY OCD about scratches, nicks, marks.ect. on my phones as well as my cases. YES I know I need HELP. In the psat I have purchased a new device because of a scratch and thats why I always protect them to the MAX (screen protector, back protector (especially my 5s) and case)...SMILE

And do you plan on getting a 6? Or waiting, unless something happens?

davenpj

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
My pet peeve as well, so I don't use screen protectors anymore. Lol

I am pretty paranoid about my devices but if it is scratches and scruffs acquired over normal usage I don't fret too much.

I agree to i hate even though I spend money on cases and still get scuffs!!! Can't stand scratches I'm constant checking my phone

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Im very ocd about my phone big time! Especially when they put a screen protector and there is dust behind the protector that irritates me and all i see that black small spot which is the dust, i have to take off the screen protector and get a new one, which right now I'm using the zagg glass which is the best I have used and has no specs at all :)

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using iMore Forums

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
O M G!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so over the top OCD about my devices that they come out of the box and I INSTANTLY put a screen protector and a case. I have actually sworn off Otterbox because the exposed thingie in the back has left a minute scratch about as wide as a human hair on the Apple logo on the back of the device. I'M OBSESSED. It has GOT to stay pristine.

Even that little scratch now makes me feel almost dirty. Unkempt. Like a slob.

Oh and phones aren't the only thing I'm obsessed about. My mani/pedi lady KNOWS that I'm going to inspect EVERYTHING she does. And the woman who cuts my hair knows that I WILL MEASURE each side and the top AND THE BACK to make sure it's all even.

So.....ya.....I'm quite anal.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711