My thoughts on the iPhone Home key.

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have this on my mind for a long period of time witch forced me to share it with you in order to find out if I am the only one with this on my mind or there may be others out there. Thank you all in forehand.

The idea with having the lock key on the right side of the upcoming iphone models was not such a good idea from my perspective at the very first moment when I saw it but by the time gone I have accept and respect the idea of apple to place the lock key on the right side of their units.

Now :

I have think over and over the idea of how many time that I am using the home key in order to wake up my iphone and that may , only may have some decreasing affect on Depreciation of the home key in long terms.
So why not wake up the phone by just telling Siri or by triple clicking on the screen ?
I mean is it a dream or is it a possibility ?
I heard some rumored about Siri and it's new ability to be activated just by voice in the upcoming iphone and iOS models , but is it means that I could even wake the screen by my voice via Siri ???
I am really exited to hear your opinions as well .
Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The lock key? Do you mean the sleep/power button? I don't follow! You still need to use the home button to ask Siri.

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have this on my mind for a long period of time witch forced me to share it with you in order to find out if I am the only one with this on my mind or there may be others out there. Thank you all in forehand.

The idea with having the lock key on the right side of the upcoming iphone models was not such a good idea from my perspective at the very first moment when I saw it but by the time gone I have accept and respect the idea of apple to place the lock key on the right side of their units.
Whatever Apple decides to do with their lock key is fine with me. I'll adjust...)

Now :

I have think over and over the idea of how many time that I am using the home key in order to wake up my iphone and that may , only may have some decreasing affect on Depreciation of the home key in long terms.
So why not wake up the phone by just telling Siri or by triple clicking on the screen ?
I mean is it a dream or is it a possibility ?
I heard some rumored about Siri and it's new ability to be activated just by voice in the upcoming iphone and iOS models , but is it means that I could even wake the screen by my voice via Siri ???
I am really exited to hear your opinions as well .
Thanks everyone.

The Hey Siri feature in iOS 8 will indeed allow you to communicate with Siri without pressing the home button, but your device must be plugged in to a power supply. At least that's my understanding. I've used it in my car, and it works great thus far.

Siri features hands-free activation, Shazam integration in iOS 8 | iMore

Apple reportedly developing in-house speech recognition solution for Siri | iMore

http://forums.imore.com/ios-8/290375-i-am-completely-love-hey-siri.html

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't use Siri from the locked screen as you can tell her to close the internet connection, which makes 'find my phone' useless in case it gets stolen. I wished one could apply 'restrictions' to some of the settings, like the 3g or 4g. Even a password would I would be happy with.

veritas_vincit

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Home key is one thing and the lock key is another. I don't mind where Apple decides to put the lock key. Regarding the Home key, is more of a design signature from Apple and I doubt it would change...for now.

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Jesus 😂😂😂

Sorry everyone , I am sure it's my English grammar and that because I am from Scandinavian.

But hey , come on...
It's not about home key nor is about lock key guys ok .

It's very simple ...

How do you wake up your iphone??

Are you shaking your phone to wake it up ? Off curse not ... So you rather push the home or lock key to wake up the phone and use it right ???

What I mean is what if I could wake up my phone by just triple clicking on the display or by ordering Siri to wake up the phone .

That's it . I hope I could make myself clear now 😩

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Jesus ������

Sorry everyone , I am sure it's my English grammar and that because I am from Scandinavian.

But hey , come on...
It's not about home key nor is about lock key guys ok .

It's very simple ...

How do you wake up your iphone??

Are you shaking your phone to wake it up ? Off curse not ... So you rather push the home or lock key to wake up the phone and use it right ???

What I mean is what if I could wake up my phone by just triple clicking on the display or by ordering Siri to wake up the phone .

That's it . I hope I could make myself clear now ��

I would like to able to wake/sleep my phone by tapping the home screen. The HTC One M8 is awesome in that regard, because you can wake the device without having to use the sleep/wake button. If Apple implemented something like this, I would love it! :)

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I would like to able to wake/sleep my phone by tapping the home screen. The HTC One M8 is awesome in that regard, because you can wake the device without having to use the sleep/wake button. If Apple implemented something like this, I would love it! :)

Thank you .. Thank you .., you just make exactly my point too .
Thanks

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to be able to tap my phone screen and have it wake. I like Hey Siri in that regard. I currently use my lock button to wake the screen and that's just become habit

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Me personally would prefer one of this method to wake up my iphone :

Have some sort of knack knack combination that I would use on the home screen in order to wake up my iphone.

Without touching the phone just telling to Siri to unlock my phone . After telling Siri my secret pass code off curse.

Moving and shaking my phone in a specific direction and position and wake up my phone.

And this is not related to this post but I will say it anyway :

I wish my iphone had a ability that if my phone was more than 1000 meter from me than it would shut down itself and never turn on again ever until it would identify my fingerprint , eyes and voice.

Thanks

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2