Way Around 160 Chararacter SMS Limit on T-Mobile?
I have an iPhone 4. When I text someone on AT&T if the message is over 160 characters, it breaks the message up. My understanding is that CDMA networks are hard limited to 160 characters, where GSM networks are not. T-Mobile and AT&T are GSM. My friend on AT&T can send texts longer than 160 characters from their Android Phone (Nexus 5) to me and they are not broken up. So I'm wondering is this a software limitation and I just need to use a different SMS app on my iPhone (which one), a setting I can change in my SMS app, or is this a limitation that the T-Mobile network is placing on all outgoing SMS messages of its customers?
- 06-27-2014, 01:30 PM #2
Re: Way Around 160 Chararacter SMS Limit on T-Mobile?
That's just how it works when sending to androids/windows phones/blackberry/etc. I believe they can only receive 160 at a time. When androids text iPhones the message should break up as well or it'll try it's best to keep the messages in order when they come to you.
Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😁
- By Anthonyiamador in forum iOS 8Replies: 8Last Post: 06-27-2014, 05:22 PM
- By ccylin in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 4Last Post: 06-27-2014, 12:17 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-26-2014, 08:10 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-26-2014, 07:00 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-26-2014, 06:41 PM