Are you really content with the iPhone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There was a time when I would pay close attention to every new smartphone or other mobile device that was introduced. I was one of those people who had to have the latest and greatest, and I shutter to imagine the amount of money I spent doing that crap...lol...All of that changed when I purchased the iPhone 4S in October 2011. Since then, I have not even entertained the thought of buying anything other than an iPhone. I'm serious. In no way am I saying that the iPhone is THE best smartphone on the planet, however, I am saying that the iPhone is the absolute BEST smartphone for Just Me, D...:)...Do any of you feel the same?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
There was a time when I would pay close attention to every new smartphone or other mobile device that was introduced. I was one of those people who had to have the latest and greatest, and I shutter to imagine the amount of money I spent doing that crap...lol...All of that changed when I purchased the iPhone 4S in October 2011. Since then, I have not even entertained the thought of buying anything other than an iPhone. I'm serious. In no way am I saying that the iPhone is THE best smartphone on the planet, however, I am saying that the iPhone is the absolute BEST smartphone for Just Me, D...:)...Do any of you feel the same?

D, I couldn't agree more with this post. Same scenario for me as well. I can add that while using blackberries for the 4+ years prior to switching to an iPhone I was content as well, but I was always one of the people that wanted an iPhone - Verizon just didn't offer it otherwise I'm sure I would've had one sooner than I did in 2011 when I purchased my 4S, and then in 2013 I moved onto my 5C. I had brief "want" to try android so I did watch the Samsung S4 for a short time, but when it really came down to actually making the move I just couldn't. I really am truly happy with the way the iPhone works for ME, and as of now going forward, in the future I plan on staying with the iPhone unless something else was to become available and do better (function wise for ME).....which as of now I have a hard time believing that :)

Sent from my 🎀PINK-alicious iPad Air🎀

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Same here D I use to window shop the sprint store every month when I stopped in to pay my bill and check the cellphone database every morning to see what's new. The iPhone was on the bottom of my list till I got my i5 that's when I realized it's what I was looking for the whole time

Ludatyk

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
See, what helped me realizing of being content with the iPhone was actually experimenting with Android.

I've been with the iPhone since it's introduction, then I was curious about Android. I played with it many times, but it's never was my primary device.

Took a tour with the Note 3 for about a month, take note (no pun attended)... The Note 3 is a beast of a phone. But at the end of the day... I prefer the iPhone & everything that Apple provides with it.

I can honestly say I'm glad there is competition because it only helps Apple to build a better iPhone.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm the same way. I had BlackBerrys for 4 or 5 years and was happy with them, but I always wanted to try the iPhone. Once I did in 2012 I was hooked. It meets or exceeds all of my needs. I haven't thought of switching to anything else in 2 years and I don't expect that to happen.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I am a tech fanatic so I follow lots of devices and tech news. It can be iPhone.. Android.. Or even Windows phone and I'll read up on it since it interests me.

I read to many articles to stick to one platform.. :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes 100% without a doubt when it comes to tech toys or tech like the iPhone which this post is about I would never keep anything that I could not get to suit my needs and from my first iPhone until my 5S I am very happy with it because and this has been said before but it truly suits my needs and something overlooked but my lifestyle. I mean that I don't need a mini TV on my belt in it's holster. I am very contented with it and how I use the apps and just the phone itself to make my everyday life much easier. I can't think of any other phone that I have been so happy with.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Maybe with the iPhone 6 I will. I try to but being the tech fan I seem to be attracted to something else. Now nothing is really catching my eye Maybe I can stick with the bigger iPhone and actually save some money lol. I leave but I always manage to come back.

FinancialP

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm content.

I started with PPCs back in 2004.

Windows Mobile was the greatest thing to me back then. Then I switched to a Treo, hated it. Went to a Audiovox 6600, today people know them as HTC. I've had every major Windows Mobile device.

The iphone launched and it didn't interest me. I was so into custom roms on windows mobile.

In 2009 I switched to android and loved it.

Then windows mobile became windows phone. I switched to it and absolutely hate it. However windows phone still intrigues me, I have a Lumia with 8.1 on it, but I just can't see myself using it daily, maybe once every few months.

Any-who I switched to a iPhone 4S in 2012, I now have a iphone 5 and plan on getting the 6. Apps are just better on iOS. Plus I love the design of the iPhone.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I was quite content for over a year then got bored and went with the Moto X.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I can finally say that I'm content with the iPhone. Left twice for android and just recently came back with the 5s. iOS is just better for me.

Sent from my iPad LTE

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I like seeing what's out there, as far as seeing what's new with tech. But I am very content with iPhone and have no desire to move.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have always liked the iPhone since I had the 3G, and I grew up with pretty much that as my defining Smartphone experience. I know if that experience is in Apple's DNA, and these guys really do live and breathe iOS in Cupertino, I know I can always count on an iPhone as a daily driver.

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I love smartphones, at least I used to. They now bore me somewhat. That said, I have been through many phones, but since the 3gs, I have settled down with the iPhone. I continue to window shop and play with other people devices, but I am not giving up my iPhone. I have an iPhone 5 and I don?t feel the need to change it to a 5s, it simply works, and works well. I imagine I would be upgrading to the 6, but I am stuck on iOS. I would have a secondary device to satisfy that itch to play with the different, but my iPhone will be my main phone, unless something drastically changes.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

Not the best. It certainly lacks in multi-tasking. Just look at BB 10 and you will realize. Also, the gimmicky animation when the app is minimized needs to cut down. It slows the entire process. It needs to happen in a blink of an eye!

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I am very content. In the past, I have used/tried blackberries, windows phone, and android devices...but I ALWAYS came back to an iphone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234