Are you really content with the iPhone?

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I totally agree with you on this. I've had so many different phones before I finally purchased an iPhone 5. I had a Blackberry before this phone and an HTC before that. Now that I've had my iPhone, I don't want to go back to anything. And like the original poster said, there are really great smartphones out there but an iPhone is the greatest for me and for what I need.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1399115994.010071.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I love my iphone because it works. It's reliable and I don't have to worry. But the OS bores me to tears. I much prefer BB10 over iOS and I've tried all the different OSs out there. It's just too bad that BB didn't market their stuff and stay current earlier. I need my iphone because that's the only thing currently supported by my work. I expect that I'd explore other options if I could.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
That's because you got the Nexus bug. Nexus devices offer a similar experience to the I p hone but then the Google integration is so much better. So if you use Google a lot, it becomes a more attractive option than the iPhone. With the bigger screen, higher resolution, gesture typing, and customization options all for a price that is about half of the iPhone, it becomes hard to beat. I feel your pain.

Sent from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3...yeah, it's spectacular.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I still love my iPad, though. Better than any android tablet ice used. I just don't think iPhones are best for me anymore right now.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I still love my iPad, though. Better than any android tablet ice used. I just don't think iPhones are best for me anymore right now.

I think that I'm done with tablets for now. I may get the new Samsung Chromebook but I need to figure out Google cloud print first. The Chromebook with Note 3 seems to be the perfect combination.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I think that I'm done with tablets for now. I may get the new Samsung Chromebook but I need to figure out Google cloud print first. The Chromebook with Note 3 seems to be the perfect combination.

I still like tablets. They serve a certain purpose for me as a consumption device for video., reading, comics, and sometimes it's nice to browse the Web on a large selection teen like a tablet.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I still like tablets. They serve a certain purpose for me as a consumption device for video., reading, comics, and sometimes it's nice to browse the Web on a large selection teen like a tablet.

I understand that. But it's what I use my Note 3 for now.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree with you on this. I've had so many different phones before I finally purchased an iPhone 5. I had a Blackberry before this phone and an HTC before that. Now that I've had my iPhone, I don't want to go back to anything. And like the original poster said, there are really great smartphones out there but an iPhone is the greatest for me and for what I need.

View attachment 55561

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

I totally agree with this, although sometimes I will get impressed with the screen on a Galaxy S5 or M8 and get swayed, the real estate is hard to beat but I still prefer the iPhone to be the phone it needs to be for my more work-related tasks.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to wonder though if apple is drifting further and further away from power users. Seems like they trying to simplify things a bit too much when it comes to giving users choices like letting us pick default programs, app communications, and etc. I wish they'd at least give us a switch to enable in settings to allow us to do more power user stuff. It's that's stuff that drawing me to android honestly.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to wonder though if apple is drifting further and further away from power users. Seems like they trying to simplify things a bit too much when it comes to giving users choices like letting us pick default programs, app communications, and etc. I wish they'd at least give us a switch to enable in settings to allow us to do more power user stuff. It's that's stuff that drawing me to android honestly.

If that's the case, then why keep flip flopping? If you're so enamored with Android, then maybe you should stay with it?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
When I had my iPhone, a friend of mine who always gives me grief about it because he hates Apple, said that he believed that the prices of iOS devices were outrageous. For the price of the 16GB iPhone 5S, you can buy an unlocked Moto G, Acer C 720 Chromebook, and a Galaxy Tab 3. It really made me rethink the value of things. Of course I went out and bought a $750 Galaxy Note 3. But still.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
If that's the case, then why keep flip flopping? If you're so enamored with Android, then maybe you should stay with it?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

It's mostly down to the fact it's often hard for us to move in a different direction from one we've been down for a while. Part of me thinks I might be wrong, and I'm my head it's preventing me from selling the iPhone and pulling the trigger on a android phone.

I still love mybipad, think it's the vest tablet. Which is further making me question if I'm correct about not liking iPhone anymore. I mean, if I like the iPad, shouldn't I still like iPhone as we'll?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
When I had my iPhone, a friend of mine who always gives me grief about it because he hates Apple, said that he believed that the prices of iOS devices were outrageous. For the price of the 16GB iPhone 5S, you can buy an unlocked Moto G, Acer C 720 Chromebook, and a Galaxy Tab 3. It really made me rethink the value of things. Of course I went out and bought a $750 Galaxy Note 3. But still.

Fair enough. I get what u saying apple in General is very expensive. But I don't mind spending money on something I truly admire.

jarofclay73

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm content as long as it does everything I want. Right now, it does. We'll see if that continues by the end of the year. It does about as much customizability as I need. Multitasking for my needs is fine. In fact, I had to turn off background app refresh to get better battery life. I guess if anything, it's always going to be battery life. No one can have too much battery life. If I could get as much battery life as I do with my iPad, I'd be super happy!

Mxsmanic

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I bought my first iPhone almost a year ago. So far, I have no complaints—zero. That's very unusual for me, but it confirms that I made the right choice (which was based on Apple's reputation and the many sources of information that I consulted before buying my first smartphone).

I run Windows on the desktop, in part because it's part of my job, and in part for other reasons, such as the wealth of applications available, the relatively high degree of control it gives you over the system (without going off the deep end with something like Linux), and so on. The walled garden of Apple is not for me on the desktop. But when it comes to mobile devices, the walled garden is an advantage, not a disadvantage. I like to tweak desktop machines (or sometimes I have to), but I want a phone that just works when I turn it on. I want reliability, security, quality construction, and absolutely no hassles. And that's what iPhone has given me so far. I don't really care about new models and I dislike major changes, but when this phone wears out, if current trends continue, I'll replace it with an iPhone, and so on for the foreseeable future.

Android phones are for geeks, also known by the euphemism "power users." Geeks spend a great deal of time tweaking and tinkering their computers, but very little time using them for "production" applications. They can afford to spend three hours configuring wi-fi because they never do anything else with the phone, anyway. They therefore love phones that let them change things (and if they buy an iPhone, the first thing they want to do is jailbreak it). But the rest of the world just wants something that does the job, and that's where iPhone shines. The iPhone will not let me replace the kernel paging algorithm for virtual database pages with a module that I spent a year writing myself … but I don't care, because I'm too busy using the phone to waste time changing it. It's not a religion, it's just a tool, but it sure is a nice tool.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have enjoyed my iPhones but the lack of screen size Pushed me away. If apple delivers then I will likely be back. I gave had the iPhone 4, 4s; 5 and 5s.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner