Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree238Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts

Default Re: Are you really content with the iPhone?

The only iphone I haven't owned is the original iPhone. I've been content with each model since and anxiously awaiting the 6. For me, iPhone was my gateway drug into the world of Apple. I'm a Systems Engineer in primarily windows environment and I've found ways to do what I need on a Mac. This has increased my worth to many of my clients, some of which have began introducing many Apple products into their network. So yes, I'm content with my iPhone because they've become part of my work which I love.
    Microcosmos likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

I can't answer this, I'm still a blackberry user. I am, however typing this from my iPad mini. I'm waiting to see how the i6 comes out, then I'll let you know. I'll be going with either apple or blackberry for my next phone. They provide a far more unified experience than android handsets.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    serglb likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dryland View Post
    The only iphone I haven't owned is the original iPhone. I've been content with each model since and anxiously awaiting the 6. For me, iPhone was my gateway drug into the world of Apple. I'm a Systems Engineer in primarily windows environment and I've found ways to do what I need on a Mac. This has increased my worth to many of my clients, some of which have began introducing many Apple products into their network. So yes, I'm content with my iPhone because they've become part of my work which I love.
    This is interesting to me. I'm a system administrator in a windows environment and have since switched my main PC to a Mac Pro. It's handled pretty much everything I've thrown at it. The rdp client from ms has definitely helped.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

I actually like android but I definitely not a Samsung fan. I've owned every Galaxy device since the original and every one of them had this little bit of lag that made the experience less than great. Not terrible but noticeable. Especially if you're coming from an iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    nason54 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dustlane View Post
    I actually like android but I definitely not a Samsung fan. I've owned every Galaxy device since the original and every one of them had this little bit of lag that made the experience less than great. Not terrible but noticeable. Especially if you're coming from an iPhone.

That's one of the reasons I don't like androids.

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Well I suppose the only way I know how to honestly answer your questions you posed to us is tha t I will. It use anh phone regardless of hype or price if I did not like it, if it did not work for me, meet my needs and be so simplistic and lastly have top notch CS if anything happened.
    I hope this answers your question for you.
    iMore Expert

Definitely. Ever since I was in high school and the first iPhone came out, it was my "one day" phone. All the phones i've ever have had where to one day have the iPhone in my hands. I used to trade my phones on craiglist back when the droid phones came out to "compete" with iPhone. I was able to finally trade a droid 3 that i had just used for about 2 days and trade it for my very first white iPhone 4 on verizon wireless. Ever since then I have not looked back. I love my apple products.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

Now that I've been using an iPhone for awhile, I am content with it but I can't help be curious about other OS like the windows and blackberry. I'm not a fan of android. Just to see how they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ajl
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    932 Global Posts

Just came back to a 5S after an S4. I really miss it, but iMessage and partially FaceTime hold me from going back.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    serglb likes this.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Lima View Post
    Just came back to a 5S after an S4. I really miss it, but iMessage and partially FaceTime hold me from going back.

I just came back from a Note 3...again. I think this is the third time I have gone from the Note 3 to the iPhone 5S. I really wanted to stay with the Note 3 this time, but I was having issues with iMessage and still not receiving texts from iPhone users. I'm just waiting until all of that is figured out and I may be gone again. But who knows. I still love my idevices. They have always worked for me.

Default Are you really content with the iPhone?

The last few days I've been wanting a Moto X again when I know I'll eventually end up back on my 5 like I did the last time I had an X

Last edited by mumfoau; 05-28-2014 at 03:40 PM. Reason: added text
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    The last few days I've been wanting a Moto X again when I know I'll eventually end up back on my 5 like I did the last time I had an X

I always do that too. I get the urge to switch, but I think deep down, I know I will come back to iOS. It would save a lot of time and money if I just stayed put.

Default Are you really content with the iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    I always do that too. I get the urge to switch, but I think deep down, I know I will come back to iOS. It would save a lot of time and money if I just stayed put.

That's what I've been struggling with. To keep from getting a spanking from the wife I usually sell my current device. I'm not selling my 5 this time. Was gonna sell my iPad 2 since I use my phone way more anyway. Got a buyer lined up and a seller of a Moto X ready to go. I loved it when I had it but missed being able to participate in group iMessage sessions. Now that I'm back they don't happen frequently lol

Last edited by mumfoau; 05-28-2014 at 04:20 PM. Reason: edit

Not enough time in a day for a lot of tech toys

I've been trying to cut down

Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    Not enough time in a day for a lot of tech toys

I've been trying to cut down
    I just like to be able to switch when I get the urge as I actually like both platforms

kataran likes this.

Never content with gadgets. I'm always looking for the next big thing.

Whew...I beat the demon. Took my iPad off of Craigslist and informed both the buyer of it and the seller of the Moto X. Got all the Google stuff I was missing right on my 5!

Banned

I have enjoyed my iPhones but the lack of screen size Pushed me away.
    Last edited by thomas4247; 05-29-2014 at 05:20 PM.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    21,966 Global Posts

How do you guys feel about the Moto X+1? I am very interested in that one.. I know the Moto X was good.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8 using iMore Forums.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts

12 months ago I was using a blackberry Q10, 6 months ago I got a HTC One (m7) and now I have a iphone 5S. I find that I get bored quickly with my devices but I always end back with apple

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJ92 View Post
    12 months ago I was using a blackberry Q10, 6 months ago I got a HTC One (m7) and now I have a iphone 5S. I find that I get bored quickly with my devices but I always end back with apple

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    I agree. I'm the same way. I want to try everything, but then the effect wears off and I find myself back on iOS. Although, this last time I was really enamored by the Note 3, but because of the iMessage fiasco, I found it advantageous to come back. I'm not sour about it, because I have always like my iPhone and iPad combo.

AlexJ92 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    I agree. I'm the same way. I want to try everything, but then the effect wears off and I find myself back on iOS. Although, this last time I was really enamored by the Note 3, but because of the iMessage fiasco, I found it advantageous to come back. I'm not sour about it, because I have always like my iPhone and iPad combo.

Also one of the reasons I end up coming back to apple, I have been using an iPad since the launch day of the original.

Sent from my iPhone 5S
  23. Thread AuthorThread Author   #123  

Quote Originally Posted by jennking1616 View Post
    I completely agree with you! Though, I have to say that I haven't used and tested out a lot of phones. Before the iPhone I had a blackberry for almost 2 years and quickly converted to the iPhone. I can confidently say that I really wouldn't consider any other phone.
    Before the iPhone, I was a die-hard Blackberry fanboy. I never imagined myself having anything but a Blackberry device. The original Bold (9000) was my last one. I didn't like to models that followed so I dabbled into Android for a few years before buying the iPhone 4S a few years back. Everything changed after that...., and I'm very happy and content with iOS.
    pr1nce likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

I am. I've looked at the HTC One (M8) and I like it but my favorite apps are App Store only and to cross over to android I'd have to take the time to find comparable apps to fit my needs. Not willing to try that yet. All I need now is a bigger iPhone

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Antron View Post
    I am. I've looked at the HTC One (M8) and I like it but my favorite apps are App Store only and to cross over to android I'd have to take the time to find comparable apps to fit my needs. Not willing to try that yet. All I need now is a bigger iPhone

The only thing I miss about my HTC one m7 is the screen size

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    ladyc0524 likes this.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast