Are you really content with the iPhone?

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I am Android fan now but I did have iPhone for a few years and never had a problem with it. I did jailbreak so I could tweak a few things but it worked.

Left for Android and haven't looked back since I like tinkering.. But that's just me :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

mlbrowninsc

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Just recently picked up and iphone5 and am very happy with it. I am still watching what else is on the horizon but this is my first iphone and it's been great. I think the quality of the apps is what's done it for me. Prior to this phone I had a wp nokia 920 and tried the blackberry z10 and q10 for a bit. They all have their strong points. Really miss the blackberry email and actually being able to attach files to emails. That is probably my only iOS complaint. Fix that and I would be sold completely.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes I am very happy with my iPhone 5 and could not imagine using any other phone well for now that is.. Yes I do see other phones and other platforms and some are nice and interesting but for me I am very comfortable and happy with using iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
No. A bigger screen would be nice. And Swype.

But i like my 5s enough to keep it until the 6s comes out and I'm available for an upgrade.

donemt

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
After having a Blackberry since the first pager model I miss my keyboard

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

havok442

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Being a person with large hands I for one would really enjoy a larger screen. Through the last decade of technology I've gone with every platform besides WP and can honestly say that it all keeps coming back iPhone, I have a 5, a iPad mini with retina, and MBP, and once you have the whole ecosystem it's really rather incredible.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I had the first gen iPhone. Then went on to BB, then Android.
Truthfully, I am on the fence. The phone has given me zero problems, and the OS is very smooth.
I can't say the same about Android which I had for 2 years.
The tweaking got annoying after awhile.
Although, I don't care for some of the limitations of IOS.
With that said, depending upon what the iPhone offers in respect to a bigger screen.
And what's out there for Android, will be the deciding factor upgrade time.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Was content with my iOS devices. But moved back to Android and the Note 3. I know that Android devices aren't as stable and maybe not as smooth, but there are some advantages that I really enjoy.

Sent from the Galaxy Note 3...yeah, its spectacular.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I like the iPhone in that I have some cool apps and there is a lot of integration with virtually every piece of electronics under the sun.

I'm not fond of the native email application although I am used to it.

I played around with the note, s5 and m8 and like my iPhone better than those android devices.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

anon(4777221)

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
iPhone is the only option. The rest aren't even close in design or details. Sure, they've got the same features or even more, but they how they are implemented are beyond useless. Size of the screen again doesn't mean anything to me nor does waterproof.

neonworm

May 14, 2013
Visit site
iPhone is the only option. The rest aren't even close in design or details. Sure, they've got the same features or even more, but they how they are implemented are beyond useless. Size of the screen again doesn't mean anything to me nor does waterproof.

Well, the HTC One is pretty darn close.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Content? More then you will ever know as far as I am am concerned. From the simplicity in the way it works and being able to sit hear on my sofa watching a movie and typing this on my iPad mini through tapia talk and be relaxed I could not be any more content with my 2 iDevices. Thank you. 😄😄

android6391

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Haha I've had 24 smartphones in the last 3 years...

Here's a list...

Nokia N95
Nokia E71
Nokia Lumia 800
Iphone 2G
Iphone 3G White
Iphone 3Gs Black
Iphone 5
HTC Legend
HTC One X
Palm Pixi
Samsung Galaxy S
Samsung Galaxy S2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus S
Galaxy Nexus
Nexus 4
Blackberry 9900
Blackberry 9780
Blackberry 9000
Blackberry 8900
Blackberry 8520 (x2)
Blackberry 8100
Blackberry 8110

The phone I haven't sold off and use everyday is ... You guessed it... iPhone 5

Some of the phones on that list are quite expensive (in Ireland even more so than the US) and high end but i agree with the OP it's just something about the iPhone that fits ME better.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Ianthetechman

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I would prefer a larger screen iPhone thats for sure, i use a xperia z1 for my works phone and a 5s for personal.
And there is no denying the fact the larger screen on the sony device is nice when used for media consumption.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm unsure. There just some things on iPhone that are turning into deal breakers for me I think:

Customizability, bigger screen, keyboard , and usability.

By usability I mean better google now integration, apps talking to one another, multitasking, and I think I just don't want to be locked into apple that much anymore . If hate to think I could never break free from them when I want to.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm unsure. There just some things on iPhone that are turning into deal breakers for me I think:

Customizability, bigger screen, keyboard , and usability.

By usability I mean better google now integration, apps talking to one another, multitasking, and I think I just don't want to be locked into apple that much anymore . If hate to think I could never break free from them when I want to.

That's because you got the Nexus bug. Nexus devices offer a similar experience to the I p hone but then the Google integration is so much better. So if you use Google a lot, it becomes a more attractive option than the iPhone. With the bigger screen, higher resolution, gesture typing, and customization options all for a price that is about half of the iPhone, it becomes hard to beat. I feel your pain.

Sent from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3...yeah, it's spectacular.