How many members actually passcode lock their iPhones?

Do you passcode lock your iPhone

• Yes

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have no choice because my work e mail forces my phone to have a password. If that wasn't the case if probably skip the whole password thing.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

CJoel

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I rarely used passcode since I hated having to enter it every time I wanted to reply or check something on my iPhone. Now with Touch ID it makes it better so yes, I do have it now.:yes:

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Someone else already said it, so I will repeat. I have every one of my devices passcode locked. Even my iMac which is obviously stationary. I prefer the extra security incase it's needed. To me it's like not locking your car doors when you leave your car. Not really needed where I live, but always a good idea.

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Before TouchID I never used one in my life. Now I have one on the iPhone and iPad because iCloud Keychain requires it. Hoping the next iPad has TouchID.

Sent from my AT&T Space Gray 16 GB iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

Ludatyk

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Before TouchID I never used one in my life. Now I have one on the iPhone and iPad because iCloud Keychain requires it. Hoping the next iPad has TouchID.

Sent from my AT&T Space Gray 16 GB iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

Agreed.

Never used a passcode. And since TouchID was announced, I guess Apple influenced everyone to use it.

Apple preaches about Security and I guess they want their users to be more aware of protecting their own iDevices.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I typically didn't, until TouchID with the 5s.

I would put on a pass code when I was around people I didn't want to access it, but that was rather rare.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a complete waste of time. If you steal my phone, I'll track you down with find my iPhone, and break both your hands with a nail clipper!

kazn3r

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5C and I do not passcode lock. I am 26 and the only one who ever touches the phone, besides my dash or my pocket..or my night table.

However, I would like to now have the S with the touchID, but even so, I do not wish to have a passcode--just a fingerprint.

The only thing my phone is missing is touchID, but of course no one at apple will relic in the beauty that is the plastic backing. They'll just kill it right off. It is definitely better in the hand (naked aka the way it's sold) than the 4 or 5S.

Just saying.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5C and I do not passcode lock. I am 26 and the only one who ever touches the phone, besides my dash or my pocket..or my night table.

However, I would like to now have the S with the touchID, but even so, I do not wish to have a passcode--just a fingerprint.

The only thing my phone is missing is touchID, but of course no one at apple will relic in the beauty that is the plastic backing. They'll just kill it right off. It is definitely better in the hand (naked aka the way it's sold) than the 4 or 5S.

Just saying.

Can't use the fingerprint option without a pass code.

But then you don't use the non-fingerprint option except when rebooting.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I passcode lock my phone. It is set to lock a certain time. Better to be safe than sorry, should something happen to your phone.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I am forced to pass code lock my phone if I want to use it to access my work mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Both my iPad and 5S have a pass code. Even when I had the 5, it had a pass code. I'm OCD about security on my devices..lol😁

Sent from my iPad LTE

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Touch ID and complex password. Control center and notifications disabled on lock screen. Require password immediate plus others.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen