- iMore Nanite
- 3 Posts
RE: iPhone 3 upgrading the iOS and Unlocking
I am new to this forum and I have just been given my first iphone.
I have been using Blackberry and would like to know how it feels to use an iPhone.
It is iphone 3 with the following details:
Version: 3.1.3 (7E18)
Carrier: O2 5.0
Modem Firmware: 05.12.01
I would like to upgrade it so that I can utilise the latest apps and at the same time be able to use any carrier of my choice.
Kindly let me know what software to use and how to go about it.
Thanks and regards,
- 04-13-2014, 09:24 AM #2
- 04-13-2014, 10:19 AM #4
- 04-13-2014, 10:33 AM #5
Re: iPhone 3 upgrading the iOS and Unlocking
Update to iOS 6.1.6 and use P0sixpwn to jailbreak. Then use UltraSn0w, its completely free, but its not permanent. It should be a default source. If you don't want to jailbreak, you can pay for an unlock, but it would be permanent.
- By AgentGill in forum iOS 7.1Replies: 17Last Post: 05-02-2014, 01:17 AM
- By aamdanseur in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 9Last Post: 04-20-2014, 12:28 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 04-13-2014, 09:40 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 04-13-2014, 09:37 AM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-13-2014, 06:55 AM