Is the iPhone 5s still worth buying?

Brad Semenick

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys and girls, I'm currently using a Galaxy S3 but I might be getting a job working for another cell phone carrier in the next month. If I get a phone on their network I get $30 off my bill every month. Do you guys think the iPhone 5s is still worth it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
It is absolutely worth it. Its still one of the finest (if not THE finest) phones ever conceived IMO.

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely IMO..

But if you WANT and HAVE to have the latest and greatest from Apple... Get the 6 when it comes out....

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have recently come back to the 5S and I have to say that I have fallen in love with this device all over again. This time it is naked and I just love it.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

newsman787

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Love my iPhone 5s. Know the 6 will be excellent. My wife will get that while I probably wait for the 6s.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using iMore Forums mobile app

cdacuya81

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys and girls, I'm currently using a Galaxy S3 but I might be getting a job working for another cell phone carrier in the next month. If I get a phone on their network I get $30 off my bill every month. Do you guys think the iPhone 5s is still worth it?

Absolutely Yes.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Another yes. I love this form factor so I'm definitely sticking with the 5s as long as it holds up. I'm still hoping that they keep the 4 inch around honestly. Or at least have a variation of it if they go with a bigger screen

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
IMO, that ship has sailed. Right now, its no mans time for Apple products. Too long since the last one, and too long till the new one.

But thats just me. When I pick up a gadget I always get it when its brand new, thus I maximize my time with it while it is the latest and greatest

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If you have no choice it's a great buy but if you can stick it out until September for the iPhone 6, I would definitely do that.

I suggested to my brother when he asked me this the other day. He has an iPhone 4S that's on it's last leg and wanted to know if he should use his upgrade now or wait. I told him to buy a 5 outright for maybe $300 and when the iPhone 6 comes he can sell it and use the money towards the upgrade. He'll be spending that much on an upgrade anyway.

Sent from an iMore Ambassador w/ a [Gold] iPhone 5S!

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
My philosophy is that if you want a phone bad enough, buy it. If you don't want it anymore, sell it/give it away. Don't let yourself be pressured by society or any other factors. It's never too late or too early to get a device. We buy them to enjoy them.

Being concerned over the timing would take away the fun for me. So I just get it if I want it bad enough.

I'm very fortunate I can do this. It's why I work in the cellphone industry. Everyone makes a decision that benefits themselves right? =]

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.

ortizang

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site

It is not worth it. All iphones do the same thing, besides you have a galaxy s 3 which is better eventually.

quickinstinct

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I recently got a 5s this week. After being on Blackberry for a while. I had a 4s a while ago and did not really like it. But the 5s is a different ball game. It's been fantastic and meets my smartphone needs currently. If you think it's going to meet your needs currently as good or better than your current smartphone and you can afford to upgrade, get it. Your needs may change next time you upgrade, but it's about which phone works best for you currently and in the near future.

I really have no complaints about the 5s. I see why it's one of the best selling phones.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I recently got a 5s this week. After being on Blackberry for a while. I had a 4s a while ago and did not really like it. But the 5s is a different ball game. It's been fantastic and meets my smartphone needs currently. If you think it's going to meet your needs currently as good or better than your current smartphone and you can afford to upgrade, get it. Your needs may change next time you upgrade, but it's about which phone works best for you currently and in the near future.

I really have no complaints about the 5s. I see why it's one of the best selling phones.

What didn't you like about the 4s?

Sent from 3 f IV 🔘

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods