iOS to Android and back to iOS

ces_garc94

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone! 😀 I'm sure some of you have made a switch to Android, but have eventually decided to return to iOS. I'm curious as to how that was for you that have done so. Why did you leave ios in the first place? How was your android experience? And lastly why did you make the switch back to ios?

I like 🐢🐢

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Some people switch because other devices might sem popular or "Cool" feature set..... But then realize it's not for everyone... Most come back for stability and solid hardware....

One thing to remember, people switch for certain reasons and those reasons might not agree with everyone.

Ludatyk

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I been on iOS for years, ventured off to the Note 3 for practically a month.

But the reason I decided to go to Android was try to experiment and see if I can keep it. The Note 3 was a beast of a phone, I really did enjoy it. But my only issue is that it's not iOS or an Apple product.

I already have a Mac & iPad, and trying to squeeze a Note into my daily use was awkward. Most of my family had iOS, so I'd had to give up iMessage. It's ironic the minor functionality that we as Apple users might take for granted.

I'd really contend... iMessage is the best thing Apple has going forward. Android has Hangouts, but it isn't seamless as iMessage. Hangouts doesn't even have a standalone app. I'll have to keep Chrome open in order to use Hangouts. And Hangouts for Android is really screwed up.

But all and all, I really doubt I stray away again for iOS... The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Bradley Spence

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Samsung had an event in the mall I work at showing off the Note 3 and Gear. They sold me on it so I bought the Note 3 and Gear (but kept my iPhone 5S in case I didn't like it). I used the Note 3 for about a week and got so frustrated with Android that I quickly switched back. The "cool features" and S-Pen are what sold me to try the Note 3 but features may look good on paper, but do they actually get used? Are they actually practical? For the most part, no.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I left iOS and tried a plethora of Android phones, many of them nice. ...but I always felt like something was missing, like android was more work than I wanted and was lacking in some polish. So, in January, I returned to iOS with full force, getting for myself 2 iPhone 5s', an Air LTE, and an rMini LTE. I still have one of my Android tablets but between the iOS and android I prefer iOS.

Sent from my MF003LL/A 🔘

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro