Viewed email displays as new within minutes after reading them.

ajg83

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I have two e-mail accounts on the stock mail app. I have a yahoo and gmail, both accounts are set to manuel with fetch and push turned off. When I open the app both accounts refresh and download new e-mails, which is fine I don't have a problem with that. My issue is that when I delete the e-mails I don't want I close the app and continue messing around with my phone about 5 minutes later I look at the mail app and it shows that I have new e-mails. I open the app and it's all the e-mails I just deleted 5 minutes earlier. So now I have to delete them again. This game goes of tug of war with the mail app goes on about 4-5 times a day. Is this a bug or am I missing a setting or something?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you. After reading your post, I tried to duplicate the problem by sending myself a test message to my Gmail account that is set for fetch. When I opened the native Mail app, it fetched the test email like it is suppose to. I read the test message and then moved the message to my trash folder. Afterwards, I closed the app. A few minutes have now passed and I have yet to see the Mail app displaying that I have new email messages for my Gmail. Have you tried deleting the accounts, rebooting the device and then re-configuring the accounts? Also, try logging in to those accounts via a computer's web browser and go through the account settings to make sure there is nothing online that would cause the issues you are having.

ajg83

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I have deleted the accounts and will try to set up as new. It's just really strange that I have to continusly delete the same e-mails.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2