How Did You Feel When You Got Your First iPhone?

Aquila

iMore Sith
Trusted Member
May 14, 2013
Visit site
I can definitely relate. I have no android devices currently but I'm trying to find one that I want enough to pay for, just to also have something different. Problem is I can't think of any android device that is worth it's price, to me. The a Nexus 5 at $400 is the most attractive, but with my silver and space grey 5s' a Nexus 5 just doesn't seem enticing.

4 of IV

Moto x is the only one IMO. By far the biggest bang for your buck and customization options of the exterior, boot screen, etc make it feel like a friend.

I've been wanting to try another os for a bit but having s device well in time with you makes picking up another difficult and some of my gadgets likely feel neglected.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.

anon7833325

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I went from a Droid X to an iPhone 4 went it came to Verizon. It was just a night and day difference. Especially back then, the fluidity and speed of the phone going through tasks was spectacular. I knew I wasn't going back. I've ended up with every iPhone since then and an extreme addiction to cases.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or iPad mini

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I can definitely relate. I have no android devices currently but I'm trying to find one that I want enough to pay for, just to also have something different. Problem is I can't think of any android device that is worth it's price, to me. The a Nexus 5 at $400 is the most attractive, but with my silver and space grey 5s' a Nexus 5 just doesn't seem enticing.

4 of IV

I'd started to get really bored with my Note 3. So I decided to do something risky. I stopped using a case with it.

Honestly, I didn't realize just how good that pleather back felt. It looks so nice showing off the the silver border too.

I could never risk letting my 5s go naked as it'll be sold right before I get the 6. The 5c looks good without a case but it scratches easily.

It's nice how changing a case (or taking one off), putting a new ROM (or upgrade/tweak the OS), and other small things can make you feel like you're experiencing your device for the first time all over again.

?Sent from a very sexy device... Rawr?

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd started to get really bored with my Note 3. So I decided to do something risky. I stopped using a case with it.

Honestly, I didn't realize just how good that pleather back felt. It looks so nice showing off the the silver border too.

I could never risk letting my 5s go naked as it'll be sold right before I get the 6. The 5c looks good without a case but it scratches easily.

It's nice how changing a case (or taking one off), putting a new ROM (or upgrade/tweak the OS), and other small things can make you feel like you're experiencing your device for the first time all over again.

?Sent from a very sexy device... Rawr?

Yeah, that may be one reason I like changing cases so much. With the Evutec Karbon, though, I've not been changing my cases as much. I love the Karbon. I'm just not brave enough to use my iBabies without a case.

2 f IV

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I picked up my first iPhone in 2008 (iPhone 3G). I was amazed and couldn't stop playing with it and showing it off(and this was before the App Store). It felt like i had the greatest device in US history and was proud to be an iPhone owner. To this day I still love my iPhone (5S) and play with it all the time still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I was underwhelmed by the screen size and camera quality. The screen was way too small and narrow. The camera over saturates everything and the noise reduction I'd too aggressive. It smooths out everything making crops look ugly. I get much better results with this phone.

I did like Touch ID.

I was also jnderwhelmed with App Store. It didn't seem much better than Google Play. Their Book Store and Music Store is better.

I like that Apple hasn't give. Up on Podcasts.

I missed iTunes Radio until Samsung launched Milk Music 😛

I like limiting the number of Online Accounts I have. Too many security faux pas these days with various companies.

I may get an it ouch to supplement things if the price cones down to a reasonable level, though.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It felt like breaking free of a world of devices that were pure junk (in my opinion). I had Blackberry's and Treos and numerous flip phones...they all felt like they could have been great devices, but failed miserably when it came to actually following through with such. Then the iPhone came along, and changed all that...was it perfect upon release? Not at all, but it was closer than anything else out there, and I haven't looked back since.

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I was so excited, I had the iPhone 3G for my 15th birthday and 6 years later I'm still in love with iOS. I had spent the whole night awake messing around with the many functions of my new phone. Before that I had a dumb phone lol.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s 

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I hated it!! I was actually embarrassed to use it in public. I never saw myself with an iPhone nor was I ever impressed with them but at the time I hated Sprint and it was the best thing that particular Verizon store had.

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I hated it the very first time I used one. It was the iPhone 4s that my boyfriend traded for his Evo 3D at the time. I played with it and couldn't stand it. I kept with my Android phone and got envious every time he didn't have a problem and I did. I've switched back and forth since then, and I recently purchased a 32GB Gold iPhone 5s. I'm happy to have a phone with pretty much no problems again. I don't see me switching platforms again for a while. Especially since other phones are becoming less and less pocket friendly.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I hated it the very first time I used one. It was the iPhone 4s that my boyfriend traded for his Evo 3D at the time. I played with it and couldn't stand it. I kept with my Android phone and got envious every time he didn't have a problem and I did. I've switched back and forth since then, and I recently purchased a 32GB Gold iPhone 5s. I'm happy to have a phone with pretty much no problems again. I don't see me switching platforms again for a while. Especially since other phones are becoming less and less pocket friendly.

I did the same thing...traded my Evo 3D for the 4S. I loved my Evo so much, too bad it was on Sprint😕

jsing2010

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I felt great, especially since I had to wait for the iPhone to come to verizon

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My first iPhone was the 4 when it came to verizon. Before that I had a long line of blackberry devices and then the original Droid. I loved all my BB phones except the Storm which is what made me try something else. I used the original droid for about a year before trying the iPhone.

I remember not liking apple at all. Much like many of the haters today, I didn't even know why. Lol. I wanted to get my wife a smartphone as she was still using some LG dumb phone. I ended up ordering 2 iPhone 4's. I remember opening the box and it was like this whole experience. I had never had that feeling before over a phone. It was so cool looking and felt great and then it worked even better than it felt.

I was impressed and have had every iPhone since then. I also pick up other phones along the way if they interest me but I don't miss the iPhone each year and it is my daily driver most of the time.

Sent using Tapatalk

cdacuya81

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Quite exciting. I've been using android smartphones before but I did not find it useful as my daily device. I just love the simplicity of iOS.

ZihuaRob

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I didn't want a fancy phone, just a simple phone. My iPhone 4s was a gift almost 2 years ago when my 6-year old Sony-Ericsson died. Now I love it! Think I'll hold onto it until iPhone 6 comes out. ;)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I felt conflicted because I was a die-hard Blackberry "fanboy"...for real...:)....I liked the look of the device (iPhone 3G), but I did not like it more than my Blackberry devices. I kept the iPhone 3G for about 2 month, and when it fell into the ocean off of the coast of South Carolina while visiting one of my brothers, I was like, "oh well." I mean, I didn't even get upset about it. My daughter was livid because she wanted it. Anyway, I went to a nearby AT&T store later that evening and purchased a Blackberry Bold 9000...:)

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I felt conflicted because I was a die-hard Blackberry "fanboy"...for real...:)....I liked the look of the device (iPhone 3G), but I did not like it more than my Blackberry devices. I kept the iPhone 3G for about 2 month, and when it fell into the ocean off of the coast of South Carolina while visiting one of my brothers, I was like, "oh well." I mean, I didn't even get upset about it. My daughter was livid because she wanted it. Anyway, I went to a nearby AT&T store later that evening and purchased a Blackberry Bold 9000...:)

Man I have several 9900s. I'd have been happy to give one.

Sent from my ME308LL/A ⚫

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I was beyond excited! I can't remember back to 2007 regarding a phone but it was new and very very cool. I was a junior in HS and good thing I had my own bank account because iTunes was a great friend.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro