Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree41Likes
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Your First iPhone?

Hi imore members , so happy i did buy my first ever idevice 5s , i always admire the well design along with top notch quality of iphones but i must say what kept me away from apple is their policy with their OS no bluetooth with others ,simplecity that is near foolproof is not exactly what power users looking after and small screen is not an option for ebooks or exensive web surfing . is 5s dimensions enough for me now that i've bought one after many years denying apple surely not enough but since i have note 3 which could easily cover beautifully this demand it's ok so far , 5s for everything else . it's actually more awsome than i thought . almost zero lagging , nice camera (less options to control ) and execellent audio quality. Should apple paln to control the market they just need to widen up their phones selections along with OS . the 5s designers worth a big salute for this little one hand device ,second to none quality the most practical out there awsome.security shouldn't kill to openup more space for power users instead they could have it along with option.so strange such co. Couldn't find the guts needed to control the smartphone market and left the doors open for others like samsung to play their best shots crazy phones selection with real customizable OS.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pr1nce View Post
    After using BlackBerrys for several years and doing battery pulls and tweaking the OS all the time I was excited with how well my iPhone worked and I never had to worry about those crazy battery pulls.
    Ah I do remember those battery pulls.

When I got my iphone, I was excited like a kid getting a toy that he wanted for Christmas. I set up my phone and went to go get some lunch, placed my phone on a holder, and as I drove around, the phone gleamed around it's chamfered edge from the sun, I drove around with a face like this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mzengr likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

My first iPhone was a iPhone 4 and almost instantly I knew I will always have an iPhone. I've only had a blackberry before that (smartphone wise) and it was a huge upgrade going to the iPhone. I was always frustrated with the blackberry even before I started using an iPhone.
    iMore Intermediate

My first iphone was in 2007 so it was the original model. I was very excited to purchase this device. It was extremely expensive at the time and cost me £269 upfront and £35 a month for 2 years. But it was an excellent device

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Cotton View Post
    I had the 3G when it first came out in the UK and was only available on o2. Before that, I'd had a Nokia 3330 for years! It was an amazing transformation and certainly changed the way I used phone.

But I kept forgetting to charge it overnight so at first my battery always ran out at like 1pm lol!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    I remember when the 3G iphone came to O2! £99 upfront and £35 a month I started with the original iphone on O2 and it cost me £269 upfront and £35 a month.

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    iMore Nanite

ive never had one that's why I really want to win this contest so that I can have my very first iphone and for free
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,950 Global Posts

I got mine when the iPhone was first released in my country as the 3G. Don't remember feeling much though. It just so happen that I was due for an upgrade, so I took it and got an iPhone. At that time i was using a Motorola razr v8 which I really love. I had smartphones running windows mobile and Symbian before but all left bad taste in my mouth.

Anyway, it wasn't love at first sight. It did a lot of things well, but it didn't do a lot of other things too. Things got a lot better with updates, and the apps that were beginning to fill the App Store allowed me to do things I never thought was possible on a mobile device. Eventually it became a device that made my life a lot easier.

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yasiman Whitney View Post
    ive never had one that's why I really want to win this contest so that I can have my very first iphone and for free
    What contest? Is there one I should know about?

iMore Pro

Global Posts
    669 Global Posts

I was actually "the Apple hater" of the group... I hated everything about Apple intensely, until iOS 7 came out. The looks attracted me, so I played around with someone else's iPhone, and yeah... I traded my Huawei Ascend P6 for an iPhone 4S a few weeks later. Had to get used to the much tinier screen, but I couldn't be happier. I was ashamed to admit I got an iPhone, though.

Sent from a phone using an app.
    kataran likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

My first iPhone and smartphone was the 64 GB iPhone 4S, which I got in December 2011. Before that I was on T-Mobile with my parents. All of us had cheap Samsung/Motorola/LG flip phones and we were on a family plan. When I bought the 4S, I switched to Verizon. I then was the only one on the Verizon plan and my parents were still on T-Mobile with flip phones. Then in March 2013 I got the iPhone 5. At that point in around May my parents came onto my Verizon plan and got the iPhone 4 (my dad's phone) and the 4S (my mom's phone). Back then, I wasn't into anything tech unlike now. Now, I am on the iPhone 5s, and I follow Apple tech news every day.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB WiFi + Cellular. Both devices using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .
    kataran likes this.
    iMore Nanite

First phone and first iPhone is the 32GB 5c. Very excited. Happy and couldn't get off it. Got it on sales. :-)

Sent from my iPhone 5C using iMore Forums
    iMore Newbie

Feeling happy and proud to have iphone
    AlexJ92 likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

I came from Android, and was immediately impressed with how smooth and clean iOS is.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

I got the 4s in November and I always wanted a iphone it's a older device it has it's issues but I love the Eco system

Global Posts
    4,122 Global Posts
    iOS Version

It didn't do much back then but to be honest it look like the sleekest consumer device I have seen. Music on it rocked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Wrote pretty much every single word while listening to iRon Maiden
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I got the original iPhone which seems like a million years ago now. It felt incredible. No one had ever seen anything like it when it came out and it blew my mind that I essentially had a supercomputer in the palm of my hand.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,813 Global Posts
    iOS Version

My first iPhone was the 3G. I wanted the original iPhone, but I let the salesperson at AT&T talk me into the HTC Tilt instead. I have always regretted not getting the original iPhone. The Tilt was a piece of junk. I remember when in got the 3G, I thought it was the most beautiful device I had ever seen. It was extremely fast compared to any other smartphone I had experienced. I do remember thinking how awesome the video playback was on it. I did have a very difficult time with the keyboard though. I was a lot better with the Tilt and my BlackBerry.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.
    iMore Newbie

My first iOS device was the touch, but my first iPhone was the 4S... Best phone to date nothing compares!

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using iMore Forums
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by KingBuick View Post
    My first iPhone and smartphone was the 64 GB iPhone 4S, which I got in December 2011. Before that I was on T-Mobile with my parents. All of us had cheap Samsung/Motorola/LG flip phones and we were on a family plan. When I bought the 4S, I switched to Verizon. I then was the only one on the Verizon plan and my parents were still on T-Mobile with flip phones. Then in March 2013 I got the iPhone 5. At that point in around May my parents came onto my Verizon plan and got the iPhone 4 (my dad's phone) and the 4S (my mom's phone). Back then, I wasn't into anything tech unlike now. Now, I am on the iPhone 5s, and I follow Apple tech news every day.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB WiFi + Cellular. Both devices using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .
    Same i was with my parents on tmobile once i left tmobile went straight to ATT! And got the 4S!

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using iMore Forums
    OBF
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Relieved. I came from a sh*tty Android and when I got the 5s, I never felt happier. No more lagging, no more shutting off, no more freezing, etc, it was very reliable. I still like Android but the iPhone is just the best overall smartphone. It just works.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234