How Do You Feel About The Durability Of Your iOS Device?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
What do you say from what the title says or asks? I can tell you that although I do keep a good case on my 5S all my iPhones have been bullet proof but maybe I take good care of them. How about you?

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Durability has been perfect on all my iDevices, which is one of the main reason I don't hesitate to buy more.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The build quality on both of the iPhones I've owned are top notch

Gives me the feel of a fine watch a premium Automobile a piece of jewelry yeah it's that good 🍺🍹😁

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I am very protective of my 4 iBabies, they all have cases and tempered glass screen protectors. However, I feel that they're at least as durable as their competition, if not more so. I don't plan to have to find out by anything other than normal use. I baby my iBabies.

4 of IV

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I am also very protective of my devices and I've never damaged any outside of very minor cosmetic damages. But probably half of my friends that have iPhones have broken screens. I don't know of any friends with other devices that have broken screens. So there's my very unscientific analysis!

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Otterbox all the way.

I remember a video about a bullet proof iPhone case on YouTube. The phone survived the bullet, but the screen cracked after it fell on the ground. :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Apple runs drop and usability tests in there devices but for extra protection we buy cases and it's understandable

Years ago we use to protect our cars with a bra to avoid road debris from chipping the paint bumper guards, seat covers but these days the durable paint and stain resistant material most of those devices are not needed

The current iPhones in my opinion handle the daily use better and will continue to improve in the future

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the raw durabilty meaning no cases the build quality is perfection but I do and have been using a Seidio Convert case on all my phones with a holster not to take any chances along with a Zagg screen Protector - Yes I baby them but under all that the build is like Kataran describes them.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
This thing is super durable. No case needed really but it's also slippery so I'm using the Apple case for added grip!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I just got back from the store buying Otterbox Defenders for my Air LTE and rMini LTE. $170 I'm glad I spent. I don't have cringe now if someone looks at my iBabies. They're durable me thinks...but I'd rather not test that.

3 f IV

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I've always been confident in my iDevices build quality and durability. Recently I dropped my new 5S about 2 feet on tile and it dented the top right corner, no cracks luckily. Within 20 minutes I had already ordered an Otterbox Defender though, hoping to avoid any more damage.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
The only thing I do not like about Idevices is the home button. This switch is of inferior quality and its time apple done something about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
It's more durable than when I want to upgrade it. Well, except the time I shattered the screen on my iPad 2. But that was my own fault.

I use the leather Apple cases for my iPhones and iPad. That's enough protection for my purposes.

Hugo_Draxxx

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Using leather bound case for my iPad. Beautiful form & function I don't want to blemish. Has one ding and scratch during Smart Cover days and learned my lesson. Phone's cases go from stylish and flimsy to downright Otter depending on setting & intended purposes. No blemish or scratch on either.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Hugo_Draxxx

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I've heard other people complaining about the home button's durability but I've never had any trouble and I would say I'm a heavy user who frequent clicks the home button and double clicks it a lot for multi-tasking. I've never had an issue and I've had the 3G, 4, 4S, 5, and now 5S. Mine has always worked flawlessly.

Never had that malfunction either. My old 3GS had loose power button issues. Still more loose than my current but as an extra iPod I can live with that.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73