Traded my Note 3 for a iPhone 5..

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I am not regretting it at all I mean sure the note 3 is a great phone as well but I just prefer the iPhone no one can really say which one is better it's all about preference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I'm not regretting giving up the note 3 either the camera is way better in my opinion. I do miss the different keyboards and the S-Pen but besides that I'm good with the IPhone 5s.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Trading phones can be addictive. I traded a device for the first time in Craigslist about four months ago. Before then I had always sold phones on eBay and then bought new phones with the money. But I got tired of the scams on eBay. So I went to Craigslist. The first phone I traded was the Note 3 for a Nexus 5 and cash. Then I traded the Nexus 5 for the Galaxy Mega. Sold that and used the money to get a gold 64GB iPhone 5S. Trading is so easy and it allows you to try out a lot of different devices. I'm not going to trade my current iPhone but I get tempted.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I had a white G2 and loved it. Took a black Note 3 back to AT&T after a week to get the G2. I would probably still have it if I hadn't stopped by my local AT&T store shortly after the Nokia 1520 was released. Bad idea. The 1520 is an unbelievable phone but after a month or so the size starts to wear on you. I decided to go from too big to little bitty and bought a white 5S.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I had a white G2 and loved it. Took a black Note 3 back to AT&T after a week to get the G2. I would probably still have it if I hadn't stopped by my local AT&T store shortly after the Nokia 1520 was released. Bad idea. The 1520 is an unbelievable phone but after a month or so the size starts to wear on you. I decided to go from too big to little bitty and bought a white 5S.

I was looking at the Nokia Lumia 1520, but had to pass because I would have to change too many services. I currently use hangouts and FaceTime for video chat. That covers everyone I know. They have neither on Windows Phone. There are numerous Google apps that aren't available for that platform. It just would have been a pain to try to switch services and apps and get everyone I know to switch over too just for me.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I was looking at the Nokia Lumia 1520, but had to pass because I would have to change too many services. I currently use hangouts and FaceTime for video chat. That covers everyone I know. They have neither on Windows Phone. There are numerous Google apps that aren't available for that platform. It just would have been a pain to try to switch services and apps and get everyone I know to switch over too just for me.

The 1520 is a great device but Windows Phone leaves way too much to be desired in its app ecosystem right now. I hope that can get resolved in 2014.

Sent from my titanium rMini LTE

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Completely agree. The 1520 is an awesome device. The screen is the best I've ever seen on a pocket sized device. The snapdragon 800 runs the os with blazing speed and the battery last for days of you need it to. Unfortunately the size eventually becomes a negative. Not only is it large, it's also very heavy. 209g compared to 112g for a 5s. It's like having 2 iPhones in your pocket. It is with much sorrow and some procrastination that I will list my 1520 on eBay today. I thought about keeping it as a mini tablet but I just can't justify the price considering I have Nexus 7 and a Lenovo Miix 8. With the money I get for the 1520 I can buy an iPad mini RD or a surface 2.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Completely agree. The 1520 is an awesome device. The screen is the best I've ever seen on a pocket sized device. The snapdragon 800 runs the os with blazing speed and the battery last for days of you need it to. Unfortunately the size eventually becomes a negative. Not only is it large, it's also very heavy. 209g compared to 112g for a 5s. It's like having 2 iPhones in your pocket. It is with much sorrow and some procrastination that I will list my 1520 on eBay today. I thought about keeping it as a mini tablet but I just can't justify the price considering I have Nexus 7 and a Lenovo Miix 8. With the money I get for the 1520 I can buy an iPad mini RD or a surface 2.

The 1520 is definitely an all-in-one device. If you regularly use tablets, especially tablets that are around 7 inches then it really isn't worth getting such a phablet. This is one of the reasons that I can be completely happy with my iPhone because I have an iPad that will meet my multimedia needs that would require bigger screens.

Last edited:

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the reasons that I can be completely happy with my iPhone because I have an iPad that will meet my multimedia needs that would require bigger screens.

I think this is one reason I like Apple's model.... 1 phone, 1 version of the OS. It's good for a habitual phone switcher like myself. Haha There's no temptation!

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I think this is one reason I like Apple's model.... 1 phone, 1 version of the OS. It's good for a habitual phone switcher like myself. Haha There's no temptation!

Well. 3 phones. iPhone 4S (for those that like the physical customization of changing the front and back plates) or that just want to roll small. The 5c for those that like the feel of plastic. ...and the 5s for us poor saps that are into metal, like Touch ID, or who actually want a lot of onboard storage. The mirrored electric royal blue front and back I saw in the mall yesterday for the 4s looked mighty tasty indeed.

Sent from my titanium rMini LTE

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea I kind of needed the money. And I already got burned a few times for trades actually. And why do people hate the LG G2 so much?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Oh just trade it for a Nexus or Moro X. You won't be happier with any other phone. ;)

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Johnly

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Yea I'm not regretting giving up the note 3 either the camera is way better in my opinion. I do miss the different keyboards and the S-Pen but besides that I'm good with the IPhone 5s.

I am too. Had the motoX and the nexus....the iPhone 5s is truly the best of the three IMO.

6paul9

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Now that I don't believe about the trade unless u got real dumb *** !!

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I use it for when I need it to WORK NO freeze and I need to see in the sunshine. No changing launchers and keyboards it works perfect out if the box and will work same way day 1 and year 2

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR