Do you think the "C' model phones will live on? Will there be more generations of them?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you think the 'C' model phones will live on? Will there be more generations of them? Or was this a one time learning experience for Apple?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The younger generation and some older generation seem to like the different colors, I say yes they will be around, but not as popular as Apple would like selling wise

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Apple every years sells a iPhone for cheaper than its flagship. This C is cheaper to make than a 5 would be to sell for the $99 model. So I say yes they do.

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing Apple is very pleased with the ration of 5s:5c sales. Having something lower cost helps pique interest and often it isn't hard to upsell. A little more money, a few advantages.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how are they going to still keep the previous generation, once they move to a new design, which could mean we would never see the previous generation look which could be sacrificed for the C series...

Wonder how they are going to work that out...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't know it's hard to say. If they do increase the screen size this year I wonder how that will work. Will they give people a choice of screen sizes or will they offer the bigger screen as the flagship and then repackage the 5S as the 6C?

Sent from my gold iPhone 5S

dashauns

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
My personal speculation would be a 3 tier approach when the 6 comes out. Simultaneously sell the 6 at the highest end, 5s midrange, and the 5c at the low end, probably free on contract. But of course no one knows what apple will do but apple but it is difficult to imagine a new c series phone. Would it be called the 5sc? Tho it is perfectly possible they may sell a 6c and get rid of the old aluminum iphones altogether. The 5 was only out for a year before being completely replaced for the 5c.

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I think so. Depends if they decide to make the bigger version the 6 and just release the smaller ones in different colors. I wouldn't mind seeing 3 different models and maybe the bigger screened ones being a pro model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6paul9

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Actually no apple already stated that it will discontinue the 5c and actually bring back the iPhone 4 style with better components and a better chip for faster browsing. But I think if they change their minds the 5c will only have minor upgrades, and maybe a better mega pixel camera , nothing more!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Actually no apple already stated that it will discontinue the 5c and actually bring back the iPhone 4 style with better components and a better chip for faster browsing. But I think if they change their minds the 5c will only have minor upgrades, and maybe a better mega pixel camera , nothing more!

100% correct.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR