Other Mobile Platforms vs iOS

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Android 4.3/4.4 are tied with BB10 for me as personal favorites for me at the moment.

iOS is a close third but noticeably farther away than the other two.

Posted via the Android iMore App!

I had so many problems with my Z10. I can't even begin to start explaining... LOL

I love Android as it was my first smartphone. I'll always have an Android.

Windows mobile is fun, albeit a little clustered. It can be entertaining once you jump the learning curve hurdle.

I got my first iPhone about 3 weeks ago. Jailbroken it's actually pretty amazing. It's stable in a lot of ways. It makes a nice work addition to my personal line which carries an Android.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Android 4.3/4.4 are tied with BB10 for me as personal favorites for me at the moment.

iOS is a close third but noticeably farther away than the other two.

Posted via the Android iMore App!

That's the beauty of having choices - There's something for everybody...;)

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I had so many problems with my Z10. I can't even begin to start explaining... LOL

I love Android as it was my first smartphone. I'll always have an Android.

Windows mobile is fun, albeit a little clustered. It can be entertaining once you jump the learning curve hurdle.

I got my first iPhone about 3 weeks ago. Jailbroken it's actually pretty amazing. It's stable in a lot of ways. It makes a nice work addition to my personal line which carries an Android.

I wouldn't be surprised, bb10 is an incomplete OS.

Good luck with your iPhone :).

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I decided to keep my Blackberry Z10 because of the keypad, BBM and hub (and other little things). I gave up my Android (SG3) in lieu of my iPhone 5s which has become my "go to" device. ALL cell/smartphones have pros and cons and everyone uses them differently. I no longer get into the discussion which is better, because whats good for one might not be good for another, I just buy what I like. I'm just glad I have a choice....SMILE

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have decided to hold out on an upgrade to see what BB offers this year since they plan on delivering 2 devices. I liked BB OS 5 on my Tour when I had it years ago. I could also do without a touchscreen, but that's just me.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have decided to hold out on an upgrade to see what BB offers this year since they plan on delivering 2 devices. I liked BB OS 5 on my Tour when I had it years ago. I could also do without a touchscreen, but that's just me.

Unless you live in a developing market,
one device.
Good luck.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I use to enjoy the custom work I use to be able to do on my webOS devices and still do with my tablet but when it comes to stable daily use you can't beat iOS and the iPhone

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Same here, I used to love the customizing my old Blackberry Bold and Android phones. Problem is, I spent lots of time tweaking and never got things right. I usually just went back to stock because of the hits to battery life and performance. Plus the fact that the devices could often be rendered unusable when I needed them most. iOS is just a polished, and most importantly for me, extremely reliable phone OS.

geekynerd00

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I use IOS and Android the same amount. I've never used a Windows phone but I'd like to try it for sure. The only downside is I'm very integrated to the Android and iOS ecosystems, and making more accounts for services just irks me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone think WP 8.1 stands a chance and will change your minds? I'm definitely thinking about snagging a capable device because everything I use is Microsoft based, such as email and Office.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Anyone think WP 8.1 stands a chance and will change your minds? I'm definitely thinking about snagging a capable device because everything I use is Microsoft based, such as email and Office.

On the other hand, you will be able to access a bigger range of apps and one of the biggest mobile music stores with iTunes, so you have to consider if that is worth trading for a comprehensive native Office experience on Windows Phone.

I personally can't see myself forsaking the Apple ecosystem for another, not even Android's...

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I've used a grand total of 19 different smartphones in the 5 years I've been buying them, and I can say without a doubt, the best UI's I've seen were TouchFLO 3D on the HTC HD 2 and iOS 7 on any device. There's a level of polish that both offered at the time they came that made me love using my phone. Since HTC hasn't done much to improve upon that old UI and instead just reused icons and elements over and over on the android version, I have to call iOS the winner in terms of what I find both useful and pleasant to look at every day for 2 years. I liked the almost stock android on my Moto X for about a week before getting tired of having to download apps and widgets just to liven up the empty homescreeens, and I have Zero Microsoft services worth buying a Windows phone for, so I'm not too interested in anything 8.1 has to offer. I'll just stick with what I like now and hope something new will come by that makes my jaw drop like the HD2 did.....

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I currently have Windows Phone, Android and obvious the iOS of the iPhone in my pocket. All these OS have their own pros and cons but for sure I'm not getting another Android in the future. The ecosystem, atmosphere and smoothness of the Windows Phone is similar to the iOS. I seem to not have issues with Apps because all the essential apps are there and nothing to complain. With the new WP 8.1 coming I think it'll be even stronger!

Android is just too complicated, heavy and very inconsistent though the amount of Apps available and it's freedom of customisation is definitely a plus!

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Moto X for the last day after using the iPhone 5S for a little under a month and it really did feel like driving a really nice car, then trading it for a Chevy Tahoe. I mean, it works. It's fine. But when I had the smoothness of iOS with the very consistent UI between all the apps, it felt like a significant downgrade. Not to mention the fact that the iPhone plugs in to the USB of my car stereo and automatically starts iTunes Radio. I've become incredibly spoiled by that now. Haven't found a good head unit that works with android.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I like iOS and Android. I didn't like BB much and I'm just now toying with Windows 8.

Overall, I think I've always preferred Android. I probably always will but it'll likely be in the form of a tablet not a phone anymore.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I like iOS and Android. I didn't like BB much and I'm just now toying with Windows 8.

Overall, I think I've always preferred Android. I probably always will but it'll likely be in the form of a tablet not a phone anymore.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

I think there's a huge draw in customizing stuff on Android that really gets people hooked once they are on it. I understand that feeling well.

zeyned

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Probably iOS is the best than anything in this whole planet because iOS is the one who has started it. If there is no apple, android would'nt be there. Samsung copied and won. Anyone can win by copying.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Probably iOS is the best than anything in this whole planet because iOS is the one who has started it. If there is no apple, android would'nt be there. Samsung copied and won. Anyone can win by copying.

What is it that Samsung has allegedly won?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73