Which is better - the iPhone 4S or the iPhone 5?

ak_r7

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I am an android user (note 2) planning to move to iphone. Wanted to know which phone is better 4s or 5?
My usage would include a few phone calls a day, email sync, texts, little of Facebook and twitter. Would also be taking a considerable amount of pics, and using maps once a while.
I intend to use the device for at least 1.5 to 2 years.
(Due to budget constraints, I am planning to buy a used iphone which is under warranty.personally, I like iphone5 but apple says no warranty extension once default 1 year warranty goes out. So I am a bit confused. Also read in forums that 4s is facing many issues like wifi graying out and battery drain with ios 7.0.4. )

Please advise.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using iMore Forums mobile app

lmpotthoff

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
My friend just bought a 4s for $.99 from ATT. I play with it quite a bit and it handles apps and functions just fine from what I can tell. If you're looking fora phone to last 2 years though, you may want the 5 since there will be more iOS updates that may not work well with the 4s.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The 5 hands down

Reason coming from the Note 2 the i5 screen will work better for you and it's a very capable solid device that will be supported a lot longer than the 4s

Sent from my iPhone 5

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 4S is a fine device. However, if you're planning to use the device for a couple of years I would go with the iPhone 5.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I am an android user (note 2) planning to move to iphone. Wanted to know which phone is better 4s or 5?
My usage would include a few phone calls a day, email sync, texts, little of Facebook and twitter. Would also be taking a considerable amount of pics, and using maps once a while.
I intend to use the device for at least 1.5 to 2 years.
(Due to budget constraints, I am planning to buy a used iphone which is under warranty.personally, I like iphone5 but apple says no warranty extension once default 1 year warranty goes out. So I am a bit confused. Also read in forums that 4s is facing many issues like wifi graying out and battery drain with ios 7.0.4. )

Please advise.

Welcome to iMore ak_r7
Go get yourself that iPhone 5! You will love it.

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
If you buy a 4S now then i feel the screen size change would be way drastic for you considering you use a Note 2. Plus 4S will not receive updates beyond iOS 8. So it would be wise to go for the 5.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

ak_r7

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for your valuable suggestions. I will let you people know when I get an iPhone 5 :)

ak_r7

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I played with iphone5 today at an apple showroom. .man I gotta tell..Apple is a different league. .android is good but I am bored with it after using for 3 years..I have an I pad mini and I love it. Gonna join iphone family soon..I can't carry the big *** android or wait months for update..
Iphone5 soon ;)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I played with iphone5 today at an apple showroom. .man I gotta tell..Apple is a different league. .android is good but I am bored with it after using for 3 years..I have an I pad mini and I love it. Gonna join iphone family soon..I can't carry the big *** android or wait months for update..
Iphone5 soon ;)

Great Choice 👍

Sent from my iPhone 5 soon to be 5s Gold 64GB

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Good choice and welcome to iMore. Lots of good people and good info here. Hope to see you around the iMore site .......ENJOY

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox