Is there any app to make ringtones that makes them available without syncing ...
You can use iTunes to make your own ringtone here's how:
Originally Posted by jsntrenkler
1) The first thing you need to do is open iTunes and decide which track you want to use as a ringtone. Because ringtones are usually only 30 seconds long, a full track is too much and you will need to decide which 30 seconds you want to use. Listen to the track and make a note of the start and finish time of your chosen section.
2) Right click on the music file you wish to use and click Get Info from the menu. From the window that appears choose Options and look for the Start Time/Finish Time options. In these boxes enter the Start Time and Finish Time you want to use. Then click OK.
3) You now need to convert the file. Right click on it again and choose Create AAC Version from the menu. iTunes will now convert the file into an AAC file.
4) Once the conversion is finished, right click on the newly created file (which should appear directly below the original) and check that all is correct by choosing the Get Info option. Remove the Start/Finish time to restore the track to its original length.
5) You now need to delete/remove the duplicate you just created. Right click on the duplicate file and choose Delete from the menu. DO NOT move the file to trash, instead select Keep File. You don't want to delete the file totally, just remove it from iTunes for the moment.
6) Navigate to the iTunes root folder on your PC or Mac and look for a folder called Music. Inside this folder look for the folder containing the music file you just removed from iTunes (the folders will be named by artist). You are looking for a file with the .m4a extension. Rename the file to whatever you want to call it and change the extension to .m4r.
7) You can now import the newly renamed file into iTunes. Because it has the .m4r extension, it should automatically appear in the Ringtones section of iTunes. Sync your iPhone and the ringtone will be available to use.
8) Make sure to go back to the original music file you used and remove the Start Time/Finish Time setting. If you don't it will always only play the 30 second section you chose.
Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s