| || |
Things to try when your iPhone won't turn on
Some of us have experienced a time when our beloved iPhones simply did not and would not turn on. Some of us got ticked off and was ready for blood because we had been told that the iPhone "just works". Well, on that occasion, it wasn't working and we demanded to know why. Well, I can't tell you why -- that just reminded me of an old Eagles song from 1979 --...but I can tell you are a few things to do to try to get it to turn on. Feel free to share your experience and solution, as well.
1. Don't panic. Breathe slowly & deeply.
2. Be certain that the battery is not exhausted. If you're unsure, charge the phone for about an hour, if you have the time.
3. Make sure the charging cable is not defective.
4. Make sure the wall socket has power. If you have a light switch that powers certain outlets, make sure it is switched to on, especially if you use that particular outlet to charge your iPhone overnight.
5. If option 2,3 & 4 are okay, then press and hold both the power button and the home button until you see the Apple logo. Afterwards, release it.
6. Your device *Should* power on.
For those of you who have experienced something similar, what did you do to get your device to turn on?