Things to try when your iPhone won't turn on

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Some of us have experienced a time when our beloved iPhones simply did not and would not turn on. Some of us got ticked off and was ready for blood because we had been told that the iPhone "just works". Well, on that occasion, it wasn't working and we demanded to know why. Well, I can't tell you why -- that just reminded me of an old Eagles song from 1979 --:)...but I can tell you are a few things to do to try to get it to turn on. Feel free to share your experience and solution, as well.

1. Don't panic. Breathe slowly & deeply.
2. Be certain that the battery is not exhausted. If you're unsure, charge the phone for about an hour, if you have the time.
3. Make sure the charging cable is not defective.
4. Make sure the wall socket has power. If you have a light switch that powers certain outlets, make sure it is switched to on, especially if you use that particular outlet to charge your iPhone overnight.
5. If option 2,3 & 4 are okay, then press and hold both the power button and the home button until you see the Apple logo. Afterwards, release it.
6. Your device *Should* power on.

For those of you who have experienced something similar, what did you do to get your device to turn on?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had this happen several times over the years, I hold down the Power Button & Home Button for about 15 seconds. Then release, give it a second and then hit the power button. This has brought a few of mine back to life over the years. I have had a iPhone 4, and 4s fake death.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2