| || |
Troubleshooting when the iPhone is stuck at the Apple logo
I'm reading increasing posts about members' iPhones appear stuck at the Apple logo. Well, without trying to figure out why it is happening, I will focus on how to get past it........I assume you simply want to get it to work, right? Anyway, this seems to be happening to people while upgrading from an earlier iOS build to the latest version. These are things I suggest you do.
1. Wait about 10 minutes or so to see if the screen clears itself.
2. If after the above mentioned wait period, the screen is still displaying the Apple logo, go ahead and turn the device off by pressing and holding the power button.
3. Wait a few seconds and then turn the device back on.
4. If all goes well, the phone will re-evaluate the process it was previously stuck on, and quickly move along to the next stage, and then finish.
5. If not, do step 4 again. On more occasions than not, the phone will usually get to the home screen during step 4.
6. On the occasions where the device insists on not bypassing the Apple logo, you will need to put it in DFU mode and restore it via iTunes.