I Deactivated SIRI

anon(10210323)

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
After 3 weeks with my new SE I've deactivated SIRI, even though she's cute and informative and all that. :)

I'm not saying she's no good, but it's just a feature I don't need or even think about much. I tried it in a couple of searches, and she got it wrong. For example, while I was looking for effective methods to get existing pictures from my PC to the device, I simply asked her about "importing images from PC to iPhone" and she guided me to brokerage websites that help import goods from Mexico to the USA. I live in El Paso, so she must have used the fact that I live on the border and used the word "import" :D:D --- I did figure out how to use iTunes to sync photos to the device (piece of cake!) but poor SIRI was no help lol.

I didn't use this feature when I was on Undroid, either, so it's not a biggie.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Siri definitely needs some work. I use her but it's very much a love-hate relationship. With the push to AI and the amount of competition out there I would be surprised if there wasn't a team at Apple working on making Siri better.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I only use her for song identification mostly. I find it much easier to type in what I am searching for via Spotlight.