iPhone SE Lock Screen flashes on when picking up the phone!

Howlindawg

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm new to the iPhone, recently purchased the SE 64gb after years with Android and love the change! :) This may be a normal function but I don't recall seeing it until today. When I pickup the phone the lock screen flashes on showing the time, etc. This is Ok but this occurs when I'm carrying the phone in my hand as well. I may have turned on some feature without knowing it. Any ideas?

Thanks

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to the iPhone, recently purchased the SE 64gb after years with Android and love the change! :) This may be a normal function but I don't recall seeing it until today. When I pickup the phone the lock screen flashes on showing the time, etc. This is Ok but this occurs when I'm carrying the phone in my hand as well. I may have turned on some feature without knowing it. Any ideas?

Thanks

This is called "Raise to Wake". Setting>Display & Brightness>Raise to Wake (4th line from bottom). This is a recent addition to iOS. Many people check time, for example, using phone but they have to pick it up and push home button to see it. Instead, you just pick the phone up, and it displays time the time for a few seconds and gone. You can turn it off if it bothers you.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
And from there, before the display is gone, if you touch the button, it will wake up the phone, so you do not have to press the home button physically to unlock it..

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW