Issues with iOS 10 on the SE?

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

Been really enjoying going back to the 4" form but keep noticing little issues that frustrate me. Anyone else noticing problems with iOS running on their SE? My main issues are with various instances of text overlapping each other. Please see attached screenshot of maps taken earlier, it doesn't happen all the time so I doubt there's a hardware issue. It's also happened in other stock iOS apps.

I've tried resetting and setting up as new but still happens.

642ee18c414e7bcf2947c8894adf75e1.jpg
623d309c9ed44f715b697348f49600ac.jpg

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the issue you describe for quite a while now on my 5C. I mentioned it in one of my threads and it's mostly on the lock screen that I've noticed it and on my iPad Air also.
0077b3db59ea6954526524c3673b4d83.jpg

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I've also described issues of different size text on my lock screen notifications some will be big some will be small and makes no difference what settings you use for text size. They're also very tiny now in the lock screen and it makes it difficult if you have contact lenses like I do to read it now.

Last edited:

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I've also described issues of different size text on my lock screen notifications some will be big son will be small and makes no difference what settings you use for text size. They're also very tiny now in the lock screen and it makes it difficult if you have contact lenses like I do to read it now.

I hope I'm wrong, but it's starting to feel like iOS 10 and above is made for the 4.7" and 5.5" screens then shrunk down for the 4" screen with not a lot of quality control. I hope this improves as I love the se, but iOS on it lacks the polish I've become accustomed to. If I were within my return period, I'd certainly consider exchanging for a 6s or 7

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I hope I'm wrong, but it's starting to feel like iOS 10 and above is made for the 4.7" and 5.5" screens then shrunk down for the 4" screen with not a lot of quality control. I hope this improves as I love the se, but iOS on it lacks the polish I've become accustomed to. If I were within my return period, I'd certainly consider exchanging for a 6s or 7

I never thought of that yeah definitely could be.

Edit: I have read many stories of people having issues with the battery on the 6S that personally I will wait until the seven comes down a little in price.

Last edited:

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

So I showed the screenshots to the apple guy and talked through all the issues. He said he'd like to do a warranty replacement so time will tell if it's cured. I'll report back in due course.

Not wanting to restart any fires here but must say, this replacement is already a vast improvement. It's running noticeably cooler and battery seems better so far. My old SE had the Samsung A9 SOC and this has the TSMC....

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

So I showed the screenshots to the apple guy and talked through all the issues. He said he'd like to do a warranty replacement so time will tell if it's cured. I'll report back in due course.

Not wanting to restart any fires here but must say, this replacement is already a vast improvement. It's running noticeably cooler and battery seems better so far. My old SE had the Samsung A9 SOC and this has the TSMC....

Thanks for the update! Did your replacement come with iOS 10 out of the box?

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
So, further to Mondays update, I've set up the replacement handset as new and the text overlapping is still happening. Can't believe no one else has experienced this. Hardly installed any apps and have most settings as default still

1f99ac47ded9ddb8d5563d29cae58edc.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2