Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 22 of 22
Like Tree19Likes
  • 1 Post By krazyatom
  • 1 Post By krazyatom
  • 1 Post By Jared DiPane
  • 1 Post By krazyatom
  • 2 Post By Rob Gilgan
  • 2 Post By auditman
  • 1 Post By Pat F2
  • 2 Post By metalchick719
  • 2 Post By Matty
  • 3 Post By Carl Rosen
  • 1 Post By libra89
  • 2 Post By bcandiolo
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    arc3484's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    51 Posts

    Default Battery life on SE

    For those of you who made the switch from 6s+ to se, how does the battery life compare?
  2. #2  
    krazyatom's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery life on SE

    I actually have them both and SE is really close to 6+ battery life. They're both fantastic. I say if i use them with similar activities, 6s plus will have 10% more battery life so pretty close.
    libra89 likes this.
  3. #3  
    mark993's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery life on SE

    how good is battery on ios 10?
  4. #4  
    libra89's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,337 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery life on SE

    Quote Originally Posted by mark993 View Post
    how good is battery on ios 10?
    In my experience, it took a slight hit. You still get a day though. At the same time, I have had T-Mobile signal issues with iOS 10 so that might have a hand in this.
  5. #5  
    krazyatom's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery life on SE

    Quote Originally Posted by mark993 View Post
    how good is battery on ios 10?
    Both in ios 10 and difference was 10% battery life with similar usage.
    libra89 likes this.
  6. #6  
    mark993's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery life on SE

    Quote Originally Posted by krazyatom View Post
    Both in ios 10 and difference was 10% battery life with similar usage.
    so it's worse than ios 9?
  7. #7  
    Jared DiPane's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,363 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery life on SE

    Yeah I'm getting great battery life. Anywhere from 5 to 6 hours of screen on time depending on the day.
    krazyatom likes this.
  8. #8  
    krazyatom's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery life on SE

    Quote Originally Posted by mark993 View Post
    so it's worse than ios 9?
    I am comparing SE vs 6s plus. Not ios 9 vs 10.
    libra89 likes this.
  9. #9  
    Rob Gilgan's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: Battery life on SE

    Battery is very impressive on the SE
    libra89 and krazyatom like this.
  10. #10  
    auditman's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,136 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery life on SE

    Just went back to using SE. Wow
    Still excellent battery life w IOS 10.
    krazyatom and libra89 like this.
  11. #11  
    Pat F2's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    8 Posts

    Default Re: Battery life on SE

    It's absolutely amazing!
    libra89 likes this.
  12. #12  
    Solomon Carter's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery life on SE

    I switch from iPhone 5s to SE. And it feels amzing!
  13. #13  
    badelhas's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,347 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery life on SE

    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon Carter View Post
    I switch from iPhone 5s to SE. And it feels amzing!
    Amazing in like much faster/smoother and with better battery life?
  14. #14  
    libra89's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,337 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery life on SE

    Quote Originally Posted by badelhas View Post
    Amazing in like much faster/smoother and with better battery life?
    Yes and yes.
    Also had a 5s before my SE.
  15. #15  
    metalchick719's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    195 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,551 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery life on SE

    I haven't switched (I use an iPhone 6s) and don't have an iPhone SE, but my boyfriend has the SE and he recently told me he can get 3 days of usage out of his phone between charges. And that's with him constantly browsing/posting on Facebook and occasionally playing Pokemon GO.
    SorinaL and libra89 like this.
  16. #16  
    SorinaL's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    6 Posts

    Default Re: Battery life on SE

    Hello guys! (I also posted this on the other thread about the battery life, but no one answered, and I am in a rush )
    I'm trying to figure out if my iPhone SE has problems. So right now I have 5h19min usage and 22h41min stand by. With 14% battery, at low power mode. I can't really remember if I charged it up to 100% ..but let's say around 95%-100%.
    I started questioning the battery life after seeing in an app (Battery Life..) that my wear level went 0 to 2, then 5 and even 7%. It kinda "played" like that for a day, but just a week before (before I installed pokemon Go and used it with data and location) the level was 0% and my mind was fine ).. Then the level settled to 2%. And that was just in 3 months of having the iPhone (bought it in April, problems appeared in ..July).
    I wrote to Apple, they made a remote test and said that everything is fine with the battery, but I should set it up as a new iPhone, just to be sure. I did that. Aprox 2 months everything was fine (or maybe it was placebo ) ) and then I started to see again some big drops in the battery. For example, just by writing this it dropped to 12%. And I took me ...10-12min to write it. Wi-fi on, no background refresh, no location, all apps closed etc.
    I told Apple again and they said I should send it in service. But right now I can't not have a phone for 2 weeks... And I'm trying to find out if it is my mind that is playing or my iPhone does actually have something....
    UPDATE: Charged it last night to 100%, used it until 97% and over night it dropped to 93% (I had only wifi enabled.. got some notifications, but the phone was face down so the screen didn't light up). Basically, the usage is around 6 hours..
    Some opinios, pleaase? Should I send it to the Apple Service Provider?
  17. #17  
    jrdatrackstar1223's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,208 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery life on SE

    Quote Originally Posted by SorinaL View Post
    Hello guys! (I also posted this on the other thread about the battery life, but no one answered, and I am in a rush )
    I'm trying to figure out if my iPhone SE has problems. So right now I have 5h19min usage and 22h41min stand by. With 14% battery, at low power mode. I can't really remember if I charged it up to 100% ..but let's say around 95%-100%.
    I started questioning the battery life after seeing in an app (Battery Life..) that my wear level went 0 to 2, then 5 and even 7%. It kinda "played" like that for a day, but just a week before (before I installed pokemon Go and used it with data and location) the level was 0% and my mind was fine ).. Then the level settled to 2%. And that was just in 3 months of having the iPhone (bought it in April, problems appeared in ..July).
    I wrote to Apple, they made a remote test and said that everything is fine with the battery, but I should set it up as a new iPhone, just to be sure. I did that. Aprox 2 months everything was fine (or maybe it was placebo ) ) and then I started to see again some big drops in the battery. For example, just by writing this it dropped to 12%. And I took me ...10-12min to write it. Wi-fi on, no background refresh, no location, all apps closed etc.
    I told Apple again and they said I should send it in service. But right now I can't not have a phone for 2 weeks... And I'm trying to find out if it is my mind that is playing or my iPhone does actually have something....
    UPDATE: Charged it last night to 100%, used it until 97% and over night it dropped to 93% (I had only wifi enabled.. got some notifications, but the phone was face down so the screen didn't light up). Basically, the usage is around 6 hours..
    Some opinios, pleaase? Should I send it to the Apple Service Provider?
    I am experiencing the same....


    I've been having the same issues on mine, but it started in 10.0.2 about 6 days ago. I have an iPhone SE and battery life used to be amazing. I think mine might have something to do with faulty logic board or something (perhaps from a drop) because now my battery will drop 1% (say from 100% to 99%) and then drop to 98% quicker than it use to before. For example, let's say my battery drops to 99% and then I make a 30 second phone call. The phone will be down to 98%, and then if I use Safari for like 1 min it'll drop to 97 and then (sometimes) down to 96% within like 30 seconds.

    I've tried hard resetting, running as a new phone without backup, signing out of iCloud, battery saver mode, etc. This SE still has warranty and I had it tested at the Apple store and they said the health was good. I also downloaded battery health apps that said the same thing, so I think it might be a hardware issue with the logic board and battery. I dropped the phone before in my house, but there are no signs of damage or anything from the outside so maybe it took shock on the inside?

    Apple store is of no help, luckily I have warranty so I will press the issue of getting mine replaced or swapped or something done...
  18. #18  
    SorinaL's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    6 Posts

    Default Re: Battery life on SE

    Quote Originally Posted by jrdatrackstar1223 View Post
    I am experiencing the same....


    I've been having the same issues on mine, but it started in 10.0.2 about 6 days ago. I have an iPhone SE and battery life used to be amazing. I think mine might have something to do with faulty logic board or something (perhaps from a drop) because now my battery will drop 1% (say from 100% to 99%) and then drop to 98% quicker than it use to before. For example, let's say my battery drops to 99% and then I make a 30 second phone call. The phone will be down to 98%, and then if I use Safari for like 1 min it'll drop to 97 and then (sometimes) down to 96% within like 30 seconds.

    I've tried hard resetting, running as a new phone without backup, signing out of iCloud, battery saver mode, etc. This SE still has warranty and I had it tested at the Apple store and they said the health was good. I also downloaded battery health apps that said the same thing, so I think it might be a hardware issue with the logic board and battery. I dropped the phone before in my house, but there are no signs of damage or anything from the outside so maybe it took shock on the inside?

    Apple store is of no help, luckily I have warranty so I will press the issue of getting mine replaced or swapped or something done...
    Thanks for the reply!! I saw now that you answered on the other thread, too. Thanks!!

    So I'm not that crazy ! ) Last nigh I managed to use it for 7h and 36H in standby. From 100% to 6%, with low battery mode from 15%. But c'mon...I can't do this on a regular basis..Today I charged it to 98%, used it for 1h21min in Whatsapp (most of the time); Camera, Snapchat, Messenger and a Editing app for less then 5 minutes each. And I have 86%

    So ... Right now I'm more confused about what to do. I think I'll go to Orange, because I have the warranty and an assurance.. I only hope that they will find what is wrong or that they will replace it...I'm so skeptical about this
  19. #19  
    Matty's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,937 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery life on SE

    Quote Originally Posted by krazyatom View Post
    I actually have them both and SE is really close to 6+ battery life. They're both fantastic. I say if i use them with similar activities, 6s plus will have 10% more battery life so pretty close.
    Thanks for the feedback. A friend of mine is thinking about purchasing one. I said the battery life was good but now that i hear it from a actual owner, i can say it with more confidence.
    libra89 and krazyatom like this.
  20. #20  
    Carl Rosen's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts

    Default Re: Battery life on SE

    Since the upgrade to 10.1, battery life is actually better!
    After 9 hours; (7AM), of ITunes, Emails, texts, etc., I'm still at 70%, even with my wifi turned on in the office, since 9AM!
    No complaints here; LOVE my SE!
    TMO/NYC
    libra89, krazyatom and SorinaL like this.
  21. #21  
    libra89's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,337 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery life on SE

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Rosen View Post
    Since the upgrade to 10.1, battery life is actually better!
    After 9 hours; (7AM), of ITunes, Emails, texts, etc., I'm still at 70%, even with my wifi turned on in the office, since 9AM!
    No complaints here; LOVE my SE!
    TMO/NYC
    Thanks for sharing this.

    How's your connectivity been? I updated to iOS 10.0.1 (I also have a SE too) and my connectivity went down the drain on T-Mobile. When I restored it back to iOS 9, it went back to normal.
    hhristov888 likes this.
  22. #22  
    bcandiolo's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery life on SE

    I'm on 10.1.1 getting very good battery life on my SE, anyway there are a few good tips you can use with any iPhone here
    krazyatom and libra89 like this.

Similar Threads

  1. Bluetooth keyboard battery widget
    By TwitchyPuppy in forum iPad mini 4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2016, 11:32 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2016, 10:04 PM
  3. Ordered my iPhone 7 on Sprint
    By MBM7881 in forum iPhone 7
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-01-2016, 09:54 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2016, 07:54 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2016, 06:42 PM

Posting Permissions